Chapter Relations Specialist
The Association for Talent Development (ATD), is the world’s largest association dedicated to those who develop talent in organizations. These professionals take the knowledge, skills, and abilities of others and help them achieve their full potential. We are currently seeking a Chapter Relations Specialist in our Chapter Services department.
Position Summary: Provide guidance, assistance, and resources to chapters consistent with the mission of ATD. Advise chapter leaders on the business functions of a chapter and work with volunteer chapter leaders to ensure continued growth and consistency of the ATD brand. The chapter relations specialist reports to the Manager of Chapter Services.
- Serve as first point of contact for chapter and chapter leader needs
- Identify resources/assistance needed by chapters and provide operational and strategic guidance
- Connect chapter leaders with leadership development resources and other chapter leaders to facilitate sharing of best practices
- Communicate direction and requirements of ATD to the chapters
- Assist chapters with achieving affiliation requirements and “next level” achievement
- Serve as staff manager to chapter-related volunteer teams and committees
- Promote ATD initiatives to chapters and assist with implementation, including dual membership at the local and ATD levels
- Facilitate virtual and in-person programming for chapters
Bachelor’s degree required. Minimum two years of related experience. Experience with volunteer management and engagement. Travel about 10 percent to visit chapters and attend ATD International Conference and Exposition. Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, and ability to mediate difficult situations. Other important skills include oral and written communications, public speaking, and project management. Interest in the talent development profession a plus.
ATD provides an outstanding compensation and benefits package. Located within blocks of the King Street metro in Old Town, ATD helps with transportation costs (parking is free).
We appreciate all of our applicants, but are unable to return phone calls and emails requesting details on the status of applications or the position. Applicants who bypass the recruitment process are not considered.
ATD is an EOE/M/F/D/V workplace, and encourages all qualified applicants to apply.
We lead the industry. And our industry changes the world. Apply today!