Looking for an administrative role at an energetic & passionate company? Gelman, Rosenberg & Freedman, a Bethesda, MD CPA Firm is in search of a Receptionist to join our team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Answers telephones and places telephone calls quickly and efficiently, using a multi-line telephone system.
- Pages recipient or directs call to their office or voice mailbox accurately and timely.
- Greets and escorts clients and visitors as soon as they arrive in the office in a professional and friendly manner, offers and serves refreshments.
- Types various documents as requested accurately and timely.
- Handles all outgoing Federal Express, UPS and other special shipments.
- Keeps conference room schedule and maintains neatness of room and reception area.
- Assists other departments in administrative tasks as needed.
- Stationed at the front desk approximately 99% of working time.
- Heavy overtime hours are required from January 15 to April 15; may be in excess of 50 hours per week. Must have ability to work on weekends during busy season.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a receptionist role.
- Ability to operate a multi-line telephone switchboard with 15 incoming lines.
- Ability to type 45-55 words per minute.
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- Ability to use office equipment, including a computer, copier and calculator.
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and timelines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
This is a full time position. Our office is located 2 blocks from the metro. Our benefits include company match 401(k) plan, paid individual medical and a culture that fosters flexibility and career development. We look forward to hearing from you!