Network Telecommunications Analyst III
Function: Under limited supervision of the Supervisor, Networking and Operations, applies advanced specialized technical skills to ensure the stable operation of computers, network servers and/or telecommunications infrastructure. The role is responsible for the availability and integrity of network infrastructure and full lifecycle management and availability of networked services including internet, cloud, local area network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN) within and between all Fairfax Water sites. The role continually optimizes network services and advances resiliency and security for all services utilizing network capabilities including cloud, SaaS, and hosted platforms such as SAP, Microsoft Azure, and Office 365.
- Serve as Project Lead to analyze, design, implement, and document complex enhancements to new and existing networks.
- Administer public, private, and hybrid cloud infrastructure and hosted services including mobile device management and Software as a Service (SaaS) applications.
- Design and support enterprise LANs, WANs, and wireless networks, including servers, routers, hubs, switches, load balancers, UPSs, and other hardware including resiliency and recovery.
- Design, implement and support enterprise security solutions, including firewalls, virtual private network (VPN), intrusion prevention, web filtering, and endpoint protection.
- Practice network asset and configuration management, including maintenance of network component inventory, capacity planning, purchasing, and related documentation.
- Schedule, and perform network improvements, upgrades, and repairs. Remediate alarms with urgency and proactively prevent them.
- Design, implement and support virtualization infrastructure including VMware hosts, guests, virtual switches, vCenter, vMotion, HA and DRS technology.
- Design, implement and oversee daily operation of system backups and recovery.
- Design, implement and support mobility solutions to optimize user experiences and support Fairfax Water’s mobile workforce such as desktop virtualization, application virtualization, mobile device management, and remote access services.
- Design, implement and manage network based services and servers, including e-mail, print, and backup servers and associated operating systems and software.
- Administer and maintain user accounts in Active Directory, Cloud Identity as a Service (Centrify), SAP (hosted externally and connected by a private network) and other systems.
- Coordinates resolution of all help desk requests including desktop, mobile and wireless service requests.
- Design, implement and support Citrix Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) and application delivery infrastructure.
- Design and support VoIP infrastructure and associated software, including IP-PBXs, call management, voice mail, and interactive voice response systems. Integrate IP telephony systems with enterprise LANs, WANs, wireless LANs, and other Internet-based services and protocols.
- Implement and support Microsoft Windows servers and workstations.
- Provide assistance to other staff as needed, including after-hours support. Develop and maintain standard operating procedures and knowledge base.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
- Possession of an associate’s degree in computer science, or related field and 6 years’ experience in direct user, network, enterprise application system administration and/or telecommunications support; or possession of a bachelor’s degree in computer science, or related field, and 4 years’ experience in direct user, network, enterprise application system administration and/or telecommunications support; or possession of a master’s degree in computer science, or related field; and 2 years of experience in direct user, network, enterprise application system administration and/or telecommunications support.
- Citrix technical knowledge with substantial experience architecting, installing, and administering Citrix systems and applications.
- Extensive understanding and knowledge of Microsoft of Microsoft Active Directory, Group Policy, Windows 10 workstations, Windows 2012 R2 or newer servers.
- Strong hands on knowledge and experience with voice and data communications network management, diagnostic tools and router configuration.
- Strong hands on knowledge of Microsoft Azure solution design and support
- Strong hands on knowledge of hardware and software, cabling, power requirements, ancillary equipment, and how they relate to network operations and/or telecommunications systems.
- Strong hands on knowledge of Cisco VoIP/IP telephony systems, software, and hardware.
- Advanced operational and administrative understanding of the VMware architecture, tools, components, and implementation scenarios including senior-level technical capabilities with vCenter, vMotion, HA and DRS.
- Hands on operational knowledge of storage architecture design, backups and disaster recovery techniques, theories, principles, and practices.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to plan, organize, and conduct network and/or telecommunications operations utilizing industry best practices.
- Ability to provide guidance and assistance to technical employees and review their work.
- Ability to assist users in solving highly complex system problems.
- Ability to plan, schedule, coordinate, monitor, and maintain network and/or telecommunications operations.
- Ability to create and maintain user and system documentation.
- Ability to develop training programs, provide training and support computer users.
- Citrix, VMware, Microsoft, Cisco certification is preferred.
- Ability to function independent of supervision by a Networking and Operations Supervisor, and as a Project Manager, to provide project level supervision of other team members on large, complex network and/or telecommunication projects.
- Must pass a controlled substance (drug) test for employment.