Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
The incumbent of this position serves as a Program Analyst, Resources and Requirements Division, Cyber Directorate, Office of the Deputy Chief of Staff for Operations, Strategy and Plans (G-3/5/7). The organization is responsible for researching and developing objective-based positions for senior Army Leadership and decision making on worldwide Army Cyberspace Operations, Information Operations and Electronic Warfare programs and issues. This position is located at the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
- Occasional Travel
- Official Travel up to 25%
- Pre-employment and and random drug testing is required.
- Incumbent must obtain and maintain Top Secret security clearance.
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience. Applicants must show one year of qualifying experience that would be equivalent to the GS-12 level in the Federal service.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: 1) Preparing and securing approval of program and budget requests by consolidating and formulating budget estimates, and 2) Formulating narrative to support programs, policy, or issues regarding Cyber or Electronic Warfare.
This definition is representative of work at the GS-12 level.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, abilities) in the following areas:
- Ability to Analyze
- Knowledge of Cyber Directorate Programs
- Knowledge of Laws, Policies, and Methods of Finance and Budget
- Ability to Communicate Orally and in Writing
There is no educational requirement for this position. Additionally, applicants cannot qualify based upon education. Specialized experience above must be met.
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.