Student Trainee (Accounting): Pathways Internship Experience Program (IEP) GS-04
This vacancy announcement will be open from June 15, 2017 to June 21, 2017 or when 100 applications have been received. The vacancy will close on whichever day the first of these conditions are met. If the application limit is reached on the same day the announcement opened, the open and close date will be the same. Candidates are encouraged to read the entire announcement before submitting their application packages.
The Pathways Internship Program targets students accepted for enrollment or currently enrolled in a qualifying educational program in an accredited institution, on a full or half-time basis with paid opportunities to work in agencies and explore Federal careers while still in school. Applicants must meet the definition of "student" in order to be considered for this opportunity. Internship appointments under the Internship Experience Program (IEP) are non-temporary and can last the duration of the student's academic program. This will be determined at the time of selection. At the successful conclusion of the program, interns may be eligible for non-competitive conversion to a Federal career or career-conditional position in the competitive service. Interns may work full-time or part-time schedules.
Pathways candidates must meet the DOS qualification standards applicable to the position being filled. All applicants must meet the qualifications by the closing date of this announcement.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.0 at time of application and must maintain at least a 2.0 GPA throughout the entire Pathways Internship appointment;
- Degree does not have to be related to the position/series; however to be eligible, candidate must meet the OPM qualification standards for the position to which the Intern may be converted.
- Not Required
Applicants applying for the GS-04 grade level must have an associates degree or successfully completed 2 academic year of post-high school study.
Pathways Internship Program candidates must meet the U.S. Department of State (DOS) qualification standards applicable to the position being filled. All applicants must meet the qualifications by the closing date of the announcement in order to be considered for the position.
- A U.S. Citizen;
- 16 years or older by the closing date of this announcement;
- Enrolled or formally accepted for enrollment as a full-time or half-time student into an accredited college or university in a degree-seeking program, or enrolled or formally accepted for enrollment in a certificate program;
- Cumulative GPA of 2.0 at time of application and must maintain at least a 2.0 GPA throughout the entire Pathways Internship appointment; and
- Degree does not have to be related to the position/series; however to be eligible, candidate must meet the agency-developed or OPM qualification standards for the position to which the Intern may be converted.
- All transcripts or educational supporting documentation must reflect a projected graduation date on or after Fall 2018.
- Undergraduate Certificates must contain a minimum of 30 semester hours or 45 quarter hours.
- Graduate certificates must contain a minimum of 18 semester hours or 27 quarter hours.
- For study at a business or technical school, 36 weeks of study (20+ classroom hours per week) is comparable to 1 academic year above high school.
Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the education requirements if you can show that the foreign education is comparable to that received in an accredited educational institution in the United States. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence at the time of application. Late submissions of proof of accreditation will not be accepted. Click on the link for a list of accredited organizations recognized as specializing in interpretation of foreign education credentials.