Medical Support Assistant (Office Automation)
The Defense Health Agency, National Capital Region Medical Directorate (NCR-MD) is the future of Military Medicine- a partnership in World Class Medical Healthcare. The Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, the National Intrepid Center of Excellence (NICoE), Fort Belvoir Community Hospital, Dilorenzo Clinic and the Joint Pathology Center, provide world class medical services to the nation's service members and their families.
About the Position:
This position is located at the Fort Belvoir Community Hospital, Director for Surgery, Department of Surgery, Ophthalmology Clinic, Fort Belvoir, VA. The incumbent works independently to plan and carry out assignments to include efficient, high volume front desk service to ensure smooth operations. Customer service is a priority. Employee is sometimes exposed to patients with communicable diseases, normal safety precautions and practices are required.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
- Not Required
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience.
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes: operating a patient appointment scheduling system to make or change patient appointments based on provider availability such as Surgical Scheduling System(S3), Composite Health Care System (CHCS) and Armed Forces Health Longitudinal Technology Application (AHLTA); ordering patient tests based on providers orders such as x-ray, labs; and preparing administrative reports, graphs, and/or charts utilizing office automation tools such as Excel, and MS Word. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-05)
Qualified Typist: In addition to the experience requirements above, this position requires a qualified typist. A qualified typist can type 40 words per minute based on a 5 minute sample with three or fewer errors.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Computer Skills
- Patient-focused Customer Service
- Technical Credibility
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable suitability or fitness determination.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Tier 3 (T3) security clearance.
- This position requires the incumbent to have tuberculosis testing.
- This position has mandatory seasonal influenza vaccination requirements and is subject to annual seasonal influenza vaccinations unless otherwise exempted for medical or religious reasons.