Threat Management Specialist
7 days left
- Full Time
The United States Postal Service ("USPS") is an independent government agency that relies on postage and fees to fund operations. Each day the Postal Service receives and delivers over 680 million pieces of mail to more than 152 million addresses. Employing more than 500,000 employees, the USPS services over 8 million customers daily at nearly 30,000 post offices. In addition, mail is collected from over 280,000 points - including street mailboxes - across the United States, Puerto Rico, Guam, the American Virgin Islands and American Samoa. Though the USPS has a monopoly on delivering non-urgent letters, the USPS faces competition for services such as package delivery.
Come join the U.S. Postal Service!
- Occasional Travel
- You may be expected to travel for this position.
1. Knowledge of laws, regulations, and policies relating to computer and information security.
2. Ability to perform risk assessments and make recommendations on business network and enterprise solutions.
3. Ability to communicate orally and in writing sufficient to prepare and present technical information and provide procedural guidance.
4. SPECIAL CONDITIONS: Willingness to submit to a Tier 5 Single-Scope Background Investigation (SSBI). This investigation requires, among other things, completion of a questionnaire and fingerprinting for a criminal records check. The investigation may require a drug test. The successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a Top Secret clearance while holding this position.
5. Knowledge of common adversary tactics, techniques, and procedures in assigned area of responsibility (i.e., historical country-specific tactics, techniques, and procedures; emerging capabilities, etc.)
6. Knowledge of network traffic analysis methods.
7. Ability to analyze all relevant cyber security event data and other data sources for attack indicators and potential security breaches.
8. Ability to correlate and combine data to develop information about the capabilities, intent, and operations of criminal and/or adversary organizations.
Top Secret Security Clearance Required
Employees selected for this position must attend up to 12 weeks of training at the CISO Academy and sign a two year continued service agreement. Successful completion of the training course and the two year continued service agreement are basic conditions of the employee's appointment.