Supervisory Railroad Safety Program Advisor, GS-2121-15 (Open to All U.S. Citizens)KC
1 day left
- Full Time
FRA is committed to fostering a diverse, highly skilled workforce capable of meeting or exceeding our strategic goals with efficiency, innovation, and a constant focus on better serving our customers.
This position is located in the Office of the Associate Administrator for Railroad Safety and Chief Safety Officer, Office of Railroad Safety (RRS), Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) in Washington, D.C. You will function as a Senior Advisor to the Associate Administrator (AA) on FRA’s safety mission. Under the direction of the Associate Administrator, you will plan, organize, coordinate, and administer railroad safety practices in the railroad industry and states. Support the Associate Administrator and Deputy Associate Administrator (DA) in enforcing all Federal laws and related regulations designed to promote the safety of railroads. Provide safety advice, analysis, and support to the Federal Railroad Administrator and other FRA officials. Represent the Associate Administrator at high level meetings and coordinate with departmental and other Federal, State, and rail-related organizations on matters associated with enforcement and railroad safety issues. You will also support the Associate Administrator in administering safety and security programs designed to optimize safety in rail operations for the industry and the public, to encourage constituency participation, and to integrate new initiatives into FRA activities.
The ideal candidate is an experienced railroad safety professional who is comfortable interacting with senior leaders in the government and the railroad industry. The candidate has an interest in addressing railroad safety issues through regulations or other initiatives and is a problem solver who has experience working with diverse stakeholders to find common ground and get things done. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who can successfully represent the agency or the Associate Administrator in any situation or venue. The ideal candidate is a team player who is comfortable being a team leader or a team member. The ideal candidate is an experienced manager who knows how to mentor and nurture staff.
This position is eligible for ad hoc telework (on a supervisor approved intermittent basis) in accordance with FRA’s Telework Policy (FRA Order 3600.3b) and implementation plans.
PLEASE NOTE: A writing sample will be requested from applicants who are determined as qualified and referred to the selecting official.
- Occasional Travel
- Travel is Required
To meet the minimum qualifications for this position, you must meet the experience qualifications for the grade at which you are requesting consideration.
To qualify for the GS-15, you must have at least one year of specialized experience equal or equivalent to the following:
- Experience with the use of fines as an enforcement tool.
- Experience drafting, developing or implementing federal railroad safety laws or regulations.
- Experience with transportation safety program activities, laws, regulations, or standards.
- Experience developing, leading, and directing staff while monitoring employees individual goals.
Applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- SELECTIVE SERVICE: Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered for the Selective Service.
- DEU REQUIREMENTS: Applicants selected under delegated examining procedures may be required to successfully complete a one-year probationary period (unless already completed).
- FINANCIAL DISCLOSURE: The Ethics in Government Act of 1978 requires the applicant selected for this position to submit a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report (OGE Form 450) within 30 days of appointment and annually thereafter.
- RELOCATION EXPENSES: Expenses related to relocation (e.g. travel and transportation) will not be paid.
- GOVERNMENT TRAVEL CARD REQUIREMENT: You must be able to receive and maintain a Government contractor-issued travel card to be used for official business as a condition of employment. If unable to obtain and/or retain a card, you may be subject to removal. Those who fail to meet this condition of employment will have our offer of employment rescinded.
Public Trust - Background Investigation