IT Specialist (INFOSEC)
The Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) is the agency Americans trust with their lives. As a global leader in public health, DHHS is the nations premier health promotion, prevention, and preparedness agency.
This position is being filled through the Direct Hire Authority for this occupation and is open to all US Citizens.
All applicants who meet the basic qualification requirements will be forwarded to the Selecting Official for consideration.
This position is located with the Food and Drug Administration, Office of the Commissioner, Office of Information Management, Information Security Services, in Rockville, Maryland.
Additional selections may be made from this announcement.
- Not Required
In order to qualify for this position, applicants must possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade of GS-12 or equivalent band level of experience in the Federal service that demonstrates competence in attention to detail, customer service, oral communication and problem solving. Specialized experience include providing specific advice, recommendations, and support in functional areas within the IT Security Program, to include:
a) Cyber Security/Intelligence/Insider Threat Detection
b) Security Authorization
c) Policy, Awareness, and Training
d) IT Risk Management
e) Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) Support
f) IT Audit Management
g) Contingency Planning/Disaster Recovery
*Tier 2/3 system administration on multiple cybersecurity environments from: Checkpoint Firewall Systems; Juniper Firewall Systems; SPLUNK; Open source IDS Systems; Puppet; Zenoss; Bugzilla; Windows; LINUX; McAfee ePO; and Tenable.
Certifications: CEH, MSCP, LPIC, PMP, CISSP, or other significant Information Technology security training.
GS-13 (or equivalent): individuals must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below.
1. Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
2. Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
3. Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
4. Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
Conditions of Employment:
1. Security and Background Requirements: If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
3. Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
4. All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
5. Financial disclosure statement may be required.
6. One-year probationary period may be required.
7. Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses will be paid: NO
8. Bargaining Unit Position: NO
9. Drug Screening Required: NO
10. Recruitment Bonus may be authorized: NO