SR INTELLIGENCE ANALYST
The United States Postal Service ("USPS") is an independent government agency that relies on postage and fees to fund operations. Each day the Postal Service receives and delivers over 680 million pieces of mail to more than 152 million addresses. Employing more than 500,000 employees, the USPS services over 8 million customers daily at nearly 30,000 post offices. In addition, mail is collected from over 280,000 points - including street mailboxes - across the United States, Puerto Rico, Guam, the American Virgin Islands and American Samoa. Though the USPS has a monopoly on delivering non-urgent letters, the USPS faces competition for services such as package delivery.
Come join the U.S. Postal Service!
Performs oversight, coordination, and evaluation of headquarters intelligence development, investigative analyses, and audit activities; develops policies, methods, and practices governing the development and distribution of strategic and tactical analytic services and products. Oversees investigative analyst training programs, including monitoring and evaluation of career progression program, and the development of performance standards and certification processes.
- Occasional Travel
- You may be expected to travel for this position.
1. Knowledge of information technology sufficient to research and communicate with internal and external secure electronic databases.
2. Ability to design quantitative and qualitative evaluative methods to ensure integrity, quality, and reliability of intelligence data and analytic products.
3. Ability to implement analytic performance indicators, targets, and metrics related to organizational strategies, information technology requirements, and inter-agency intelligence regulations.
4. Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing to clearly convey information, findings, and recommendations to varied audiences, both internal and external about strategic trends, patterns, and networks.
5. Ability to plan, coordinate, and implement special studies, national criminal forecast and profiles, and inter-agency intelligence research to increase organizational effectiveness and decision-making.
6. Ability to plan, coordinate, and analyze training initiatives and programs.
7. Ability to oversee and coordinate the work of others to achieve program or project objectives, including monitoring performance, facilitating the flow of work-related information, and providing technical guidance.
8. Knowledge of investigative, security, and preventative activities relating to the mission, role and various jurisdictions of law enforcement.
EDUCATION/ CERTIFICATION: Bachelor's or Master's degree in statistical analysis, computer science, digital forensics, engineering, information technology, or finance.
1. Experience with link analysis in utilizing IBM I2 Analyst Notebook, Microsoft VISIO or equivalent visualization platform.
2. Ability to apply analysis using various software tools including MS Excel or some variation of statistical analysis tool.
3. Ability to write concise and understandable reports for various levels of leadership.
4. Experience in providing presentations to various levels of leadership and audiences.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS: Willingness to submit to a Tier 5 Single-Scope Background Investigation. This investigation requires, among other things, completion of a questionnaire and fingerprinting for a criminal records check. The investigation may require a drug test. The successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a Top Secret clearance while holding the position.