Property Manager, Commerical Real Estate
Immediate opportunity for an experienced Commercial Real Estate Property Manager to support a multi-building campus in McLean. Responsibilities include:
- Demonstrate knowledge of building elements and systems to include HVAC, electrical, plumbing, elevator and fire safety systems.
- Prepare scopes of work, purchase orders and contracts for repair projects and annual service contracts; bid, negotiate, and manage vendor contracts, including building engineers, janitorial, landscaping, pest control, security, elevator, etc.
- Perform regular comprehensive property inspections as well as daily/weekly/quarterly inspections as needed.
- Administer insurance requirements (tenant, contractor and landlord) and receipt of Certificates of Insurance.
- Administer billings, policies and claims related to landlord’s insurance.
- Prepare annual property budget working closely as needed with accounting and other managers.
- Review and approve property expenses.
- Follow budgets with the ability to re-analyze and re-forecast for unanticipated events.
- Understand financial statements to include accrual vs. cash, sequence and purpose of chart of accounts, and how individual line items are derived and booked
- Ensure that landlord and tenant are adhering to the lease.
- Demonstrate ability to follow through and to determine when written correspondence is necessary.
- Develop communications and programs that drive tenant retention.
- Bachelor’s Degree in property management, engineering, construction, business, or related field
- 5 - 10 years of experience in commercial property management
- Must be detail oriented, organized, analytical, and possess strong customer service and computer skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and thrive in a team environment.
- Must be able to pass a Top Secret security clearance, including full scope polygraph (company will pay for individual to obtain).