Legal Word Processor
Experienced legal word processor sought for large DC law firm. This position requires advanced MS Office Suite skills.
- Perform extensive formatting and editing of word processing documents, including advanced features such as Cross-referencing, Bookmarks, Track Changes, Table of Authority, Table of Content, Indexes, Mail Merging, Red-Line/Black Line documents, etc.
- Create templates for legal documents and closing CD sets (creating links from Table of contents, simple linking of PDFs to Table of Contents.)
- Convert documents from one application to another.
- Retrieve and save to or from USB devices, thumb drives, CDs or DVDs.
- Assists Firm personnel with document troubleshooting, including corrupt documents and files.
- Performs document reproduction, printing documents from electronic sources (e.g., email attachments, PDF files, CDs, etc.) and the delivery of same.
- Creates binders and document indices.
- Perform transcription.
- Performs quality check of work products by proofreading and correcting formatting prior to returning to user(s).
Expert level MS Office Suite skills
Experience troubleshooting documents, working with TOC/TOA, headers, footers and styles.
Must have law firm experience as a word processor
Please, no JD's.