Facility Coding Education Specialist
This opportunity is ideal for someone who has taught ICD Coding and would like to move into an interactive office environment. Responsibilities include:
- Serve as team lead for all payment transition activities
- Develop and oversee the related code proposals and issues impacting OB/Gyns
- Educate and train other coding team members on facility coding concepts
- Provide membership service by coordinating response to 175-200 coding ticket requests, e-mails and calls per month from Fellows and their staff on specific coding related issues.
- Author coding advice articles. Serve as lead educator for writing and editing coding publications.
- Track coding questions and coding advice given by other sources to analyze coding needs of fellows.
- Assist with the ongoing development and management of the Coding Ticket database.
- Coordinate and oversee the activities associated with 10-13 yearly coding workshops.
- Co-manage all educational aspects of Coding Webcasts.
- Bachelor's Degree in Health Information Management, Health Care Administration or other health science area
- Demonstrated expertise in CPT and ICD-10 coding for Facility services and DRG processes is required. Knowledge of episode groupers is a plus
- Appropriate certification from national organization such as RHIA, RHIT, CIC, COC, CPC-H, or CCS required
- Knowledge of coding for obstetrics and gynecologic services is a plus. Any clinical background a plus
- Knowledge of EMR/EHRs a plus
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to organize, work independently and work cooperatively with others
- Out-of-town travel on weekends and weekdays will be required a minimum 5-6 times per year