Salesforce Architect (899-679)
The Application Architect is a critical IT position and is responsible for the Stakeholder Relationship Management System (SRMS) application architecture and development lifecycle process that translates business requirements into software systems, services and solutions on the salesforce.com platform. The incumbent provides technical leadership and design expertise, drives the designs of all SRMS components on the salesforce.com platform including configuration, customization and implementation of applications and 3rd party integration. The position will work with business stakeholders to define business and technical solution architectures to fulfill requirements, influence business leadership on decisions and drive ownership and acceptance of the provided solution.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Translate business requirements into well-architected solutions that best leverage the salesforce.com platform. Architect and document technical solutions that are aligned with the SRMS business objectives.
- Lead the SRMS technical design, system development and integration from inception through production support by following logical data model design, functional system design and best-practice development and configuration management methodologies.
- Identify and recommend salesforce.com based solutions, integration points and related implementation architecture to improve SRMS functionality, scalability and performance.
- Define technical best practices for the salesforce.com implementation.
- Manage the technical delivery of custom development, integration and data migration of SRMS implementation on the salesforce.com platform.
- Provide hands-on, expert-level technical assistance to SRMS users, developers and administrators.
- Provide technical leadership in the design, development and maintenance of solutions and integrations configured and custom built on the salesforce.com platform.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Salesforce certification is required
- At least 10 (ten) years of progressive experience with application design and development, and integrating enterprise business systems.
- A minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience in salesforce.com configuration and custom development is required
- A minimum of 2 years in enterprise and solutions architecture and architectural frameworks
- Demonstrated experience in enterprise-level salesforce.com projects using both waterfall and agile software development methodologies throughout the whole left cycle with repeated and demonstrable success.
- Extensive experience with salesforce.com configuration, including workflows, validation rules, and security controls
- Expert level experience defining the system architecture landscape, identifying gaps between current and desired end-states, and delivering a comprehensive solution that will enable achievement of the desired business outcomes
- Experience in designing and developing software components and having a strong background in database design and system architecture
- Experience integrating salesforce.com with different business systems, as well as working with integration tools (ETL, CPQ, marketing automation, reporting, etc.)
- Understanding of programming logic and constructs, specifically in Salesforce, Force.com, Apex Code, Visualforce, SOQL, triggers, batch processes, APIs, web services and their use in software development
- Expert understanding of the salesforce.com product suite including sales, service community, and marking cloud, as well as the force.com platform
- Deep functional and technical understanding of SaaS, PaaS, IaaS and other cloud computing services
- Expert level understanding of environment management, release management, code versioning best practices, and deployment methodologies
- Strong knowledge of master data management, including data capture, warehousing, segmentation, storing, cleansing, and security
- Must have excellent oral and written communication, presenting, meeting facilitation, negotiation, decision making, and problem solving skills
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Strong time management skills and attention to details required.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks with minimum supervision.
USP offers an impressive benefits package, including:
- Generous paid time off – 13 paid holidays, 10 sick days and 15 vacation days per year to start
- An annual 401(k) contribution, beginning after 1 year of service, of 10% of pay (base and bonus) every pay period that vests immediately
- Comprehensive individual and family healthcare plans with affordable premiums and low annual deductibles ($250/individual or $500/family)
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) is a scientific nonprofit organization that sets standards for the identity, strength, quality, and purity of medicines, food ingredients, and dietary supplements manufactured, distributed and consumed worldwide. USP’s drug standards are enforceable in the United States by the Food and Drug Administration, and these standards are used in more than 140 countries.
Being a part of USP means belonging to a diverse culture made up of more than 1,000 talented professionals working together at five international locations. We share our expertise in science, IT, human resources, quality assurance, communications, administrative management, and more...all to support an overall mission dedicated to making a difference by providing standards and programs that help improve the quality of medicines, dietary supplements, and foods worldwide.
USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities.
USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP.Job Location Rockville, Maryland, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular