Sr Systems Administrator - Ft. Meade, VA - TS/SCI - CI Poly
Results-driven professional manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains system documentation
5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. May program in an administrative language.
9. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
10. Provides advice and training to end-users.
11. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
5-8 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
This position works closely with Government staff in the support of various mission systems. This position requires familiarity with a variety of IT technologies to include Microsoft Windows servers, TCP/IP networking, server virtualization, server backups and data storage devices.
1. Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network administration and support.
2. Comprehensive knowledge of related hardware and software.
3. May require professional certification in one or more specific technologies, depending on job assignment.
A minimum of a current DoD 8570.1 IAT level 2 certification such as CompTIA Security+ CE in addition to a technical certification in a relevant application/OS/networking environment.
Microsoft Windows Server certification preferred.
ITIL Foundation certification required within 6 months of hire.
Active TS/SCI clearance w/ CI Poly required.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.
With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.