Computer Operator Intern
IMPACTFUL WORK. SMART SOLUTIONS. MEANINGFUL CAREERS. Come join a fortune 500 company that touches the lives of millions in the Health Care Community. If you are interested in Big Data and Health Care, we can provide the perfect combination for you! Our office has a comfortable dress code, is very laid back and our team spirit is evident in our everyday work environment.GDIT’s Health and Civilian Solutions Division welcomes you to apply to our Summer Internship Program. The Internship Program features: a paid internship, relevant and challenging work, personal and professional development opportunities, customer site visits socials and a Kick-Off and a Send-Off. We hope you will consider joining our team and learning more about the work we do!Summary: The Service Management Summer Intern would answer GSIT Helpline and check voicemail throughout the day. They will be checking GSIT ETS for pending approvals and move to correct managers, closing Incident and Change tickets as they are completed. And sending out Manager Review and Requestor Review emails as needed. Plus helping with our weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting.
- Must be willing to work 4-9:30pm and some Saturday Mornings
- Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
- Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
- Sets up administrator and service accounts.
- Maintains system documentation
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- May deploy software code for various supported programs and applications
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- May program in an administrative language.
- Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
- Provides advice and training to end-users.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- 0-1 years of related experience supporting engineering, information technology or other technical operations.
- Must meet qualifications for the internship as outlined in the requisition.
- Possess Strong verbal and written communications.
- Possess problem solving and decision making ability.
- Successfully pass a background check and drug test.