Senior Program Development Analyst
Title: The Senior Program Development Analyst (SPDA) provides senior-level programmatic, budgeting, and technical subject matter expertise and performs Joint Staff and Combatant Command (CCMD)-level staff coordination in support of the Joint Staff J6, Deputy Director Command, Control, Communications, Computers (C4) & Cyber Integration (DDC5I) C4 Assessments Division (C4AD). The SPDA supports the following task areas:
- Program Support - supports development of guidance and direction for the overall C4AD Program with the objective of significantly and measurably improving the quality and timeliness of C4AD products through focused strategic planning, process control and automation, project support, and collaborative outreach to Industry and Government. It includes the coordination and synchronization of C4AD daily operations, both internally and externally, to successfully satisfy the C4AD program requirements and performance objectives. Mission Support (Operations) - supports management of C4AD processes and procedures to ensure the flow of information and requirements within C4AD.Plans and Policies - provides planning ideas, concepts, and recommendations to support and improve current and future operations within the Division and coordination with external stakeholders. Facilitates current activities, emerging requirements and new missions impacting Division operations.
- Supports the C4AD mission and vision by strategic planning and analysis and by developing the C4AD Annual Program Plan in concert with the Joint Staff Strategic Plan. Attends and monitor meetings with the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) staff; CCMDs, services, and agencies (C/S/A); JS; and program offices. Support the program development process through application of national security, program management, C4AD experience, requirements development, operational and developmental evaluation, DoD programmatic processes, systems engineering, and structured analysis knowledge.Apply program development and cost/resource analysis knowledge to realize optimum C4AD mission accomplishment within available budget.Evaluate complex DoD resource, engineering, and analysis functions to enable compliance with established policy and regulations.Attend conferences, seminars, and work groups with JS directorates, program management offices (PMO), and other organizations that support program development.Provide feedback in papers, JS taskers, executive summaries, and other media.Continuously monitor and research the requirements generation process, which includes detailed analysis of the following authoritative documents and activities:
- Joint Capabilities Integration and Development System (JCIDS) ProductsFuture Years Defense Program Capability Gap Assessments DoD Information Technology Environment, Way Forward to Tomorrow’s Strategic LandscapeDoD Strategy for Operations in the Information Environment Implementation PlanIntegrated Priority Lists (IPL) and Joint Urgent Operational Needs (JUON)Congressional Legislation including Appropriations Committee authoritative documentsDoD Cyber StrategyJS J6 Strategic Guidance and PrioritiesCapstone Concept for Joint OperationsChairman’s Strategic DirectionJoint C2 Operational Priorities
- 8-10 years of related experience supporting military operationsUnderstanding of multiple C2 systemsExperience with computer and communications-related programsExperience with cost-benefit analysis to support decision making of alternative designs or architectures and risk assessment associated with approachExperience in requirements development, product definition and design, and test planning and execution
- Demonstrated experience with Service and Joint system architectures, to include JTF, COCOM, and component level knowledgeAbility to perform Joint Staff and Combatant Command-level staff coordinationComprehensive knowledge of the principles, methods, processes, and applicable regulations involved in supporting military operationsComprehensive knowledge of relevant technology and equipmentJoint QualificationAcquisition Program Management