USASOC Enterprise Network Transport Project manager
Enterprise Network Project Manager - Transport and Network Architecture Provides oversight, coordination, technical, administrative, and operational leadership to assigned project or tasks. This position is typically responsible for managing multiple tasks or a single large project and supervising up to 25 employees ' both exempt and non-exempt and may include one or more subordinate supervisors. Technical difficulty/complexity of assigned tasks/projects may also affect level selection. 1. Provides project documentation and coordinates across project implementation support teams to assure all documentation is complete.2. Supervises assigned staff, including subordinate supervisors.3. Participates in the development of technical project plans, proposals, reports, and task order and administrative reporting. Provides weekly updates, required to provide financial updates on project budgets, provides status and percentage complete, and risks, along with other project phase and milestone documentation.4. Will perform some technical services on assigned tasks. (Experience with network architecture, network transport, network configuration and troubleshooting recommended.)5. Conducts planning and provides recommendations to client on task workload.6. Attends customer meetings and may serve as primary client liaison.7. Interacts with vendors, other agencies, and other client staff on behalf of the client.8. Coordinates development of deliverables and products.9. Obtains and coordinates quotes and orders associated equipment, network devices, and infrastructure materials.10. Provides quality assurance and quality inspections of communications rooms and infrastructure.11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.12. Participates in special projects as required.13. This position is an enterprise position supporting SITEC Enterprise Networks. 14. Project support consists of: Capital Enterprise Replacement Program (CERP), Life-cycle Replacement of equipment, Enterprise Network Transport Projects, and Network / Infrastructure Projects at the local site and/or supporting the overall Enterprise. 15. All projects will be coordinated through an Enterprise Change Request with tasks assigned to specific groups for technical related areas. Education 1. Bachelors Degree in a related business or technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience. 2. Professional certification (PMP) preferred. 3. CCNA or CCNP preferred. Qualifications 8-10 years of related experience, including supervisory experience. This role is best suited for someone with a strong network transport background.
- Experience with network assessments, design, architecture, engineering, and implementation of network and transport solutions to include new technology implementations.
- Experienced with scoping out and documenting detailed requirements for project planning, executing, level operational discussions and development of supporting feasibility assessments and presentation documentation.
- Experience with writing business case documentation and project charters.
- Experience with scoping out project resources (labor, equipment, budgets, resource calendars, schedules, etc.) and timetables.
- Experience with planning and implementing agile plans and timetables.
- Experience with interpreting, assessing, and communicating project risks.
- Experience with developing project closure documentation and relevant “lessons learned” documentation.
- Experience with develop detailed product/service transition documentation and support plans for project transition to operational personnel.
- Experience with briefing high level technical leadership, non-technical leadership, and senior military and government leaders on project details.
- Experience with infrastructure tempest policies and procedures, cable management processes and procedures, quality insurance and inspections processes supporting infrastructure installation and management.
- Ability to obtain TS/SCI clearance.