Senior Systems Engineer
General Summary: Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.FLSA: Exempt – This is an exempt job under the DOL Computer Professional exemption. Employees not primarily engaged in the analysis, design and development of computer systems should not be matched to this job.PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
- Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
- Participates in the upgrading of operating systems and design of systems enhancements.
- Provides input for documentation on new or existing systems.
- Develops and conducts tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
- Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
- Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
- Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
- May provide guidance and work leadership to less- experienced systems engineers.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as assigned.
- Comprehensive knowledge of systems engineering principles, methods, and techniques. Knowledge of the associated hardware, software, and equipment. Professional certification in one or more specific technologies may be required, depending on job assignment.