- Analyzes, administers, and maintains telecommunications systems.
- Evaluates, analyzes, administers and maintains voice, data and wireless communications systems.
- Reads and interprets circuit diagrams and electrical schematics.
- Prepares detailed specifications and flowcharts for implementation of new internal systems or modifications to vendor systems.
- Coordinates installation of equipment.
- May Install, test, adjust and troubleshoot equipment as necessary.
- Monitors the operations of telecommunications systems and services of vendors.
- Provides end-user training of telecommunications features and functionality.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training or work experience.
2-5 years of related telecommunications experience. Provides configuration management support to assigned projects.
- Analyzes complex engineering change proposals to determine the effect on the overall system.
- Ensures configuration identification by reviewing design release documents for completeness, proper authorizations, and system updates.
- Performs various audits and documents results.
- Monitors subcontractors and vendors to ensure that the applications of customer standards and requirements for the statement of work are properly implemented.
- Develops configuration and data management documentation based on program requirements.
- Participates in design reviews, audits, scheduling, budgeting, etc.
- Identifies requirements and coordinates the development and implementation of computer based configuration/data management systems and related support.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
Must possess appropriate current DoD Information Assurance (IA) Certification to be considered for employment, either CompTIA Security+ CE OR CCNA-Security. CompTIA Security+ CE is the preferred certification. Must attain the required DoD 8570 Computing Environment (CE) Certification within six (6) months of Hire Date. Due to the sensitive nature of the work for the customer, candidates must be willing to submit and pass a polygraph examination. As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.