TBI Recovery Support Specialist
The TBI Recovery Support Program serves to assist, advise and support service members, veterans, National Guard/reservists and their families in finding and accessing TBI and psychological health clinical care, supportive services and information across the spectrum of care, with particular emphasis as they enter the rehabilitation stage of care, and/or reintegrate back to duty or return to the civilian community. Provide emotional support and advocacy so that patients can focus on their recovery and return to full, productive lives. Provide information about TBI resources, trainings, and research to TBI case managers and providers as they meet the clinical needs of TBI patients.
- TBI Recovery Support Specialist (RSS) Position Summary and skill set:
- Other duties consistent with the above responsibilities.
- Proposed Changes in program elements: Follow up after Intake will take place at 1 month or even sooner if situation with patient warrants. Expand service delivery to address co-morbid conditions that may exist, even if primary medical
- Family members/caregivers can be identified patient independent of Service member. Marketing activity will be an element of assessment for employee review. Specialists will be expected to engage in collaboration and resource gathering within their
- Establish a standard referral process for all service locations Establish a formal referral agreement at clinics outside of the network