In vitro drug testing technician (WRAIR Experimental Therapeutics)
6 days left
- Full Time
GDIT is seeking a in vitro drug testing technician to support the mission of the Experimental Therapeutics (ET) Branch of the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research (WRAIR). The mission of the WRAIR Branch of Experimental Therapeutics is to discover and develop new pharmaceutical agents to protect military members from death, disease, and injury. The ET Branch is organized into three distinct departments which contribute to the different phases leading to FDA drug approval. The three comprising departments are the Departments of Drug Discovery, Drug Development, and Clinical Pharmacology.This position is in direct support of the Department of Drug Discovery. Specific tasks include:
- Provide support to in vitro antimalarial testing of drug-combinations and drug-resistance study.
- Perform in vitro studies as designed in approved standard operating procedures (SOP) within the Department of Drug Discovery to assess antiparasitic drugs against variousPlasmodium life stages.
- Assist in the in vitro testing of antimalarial drug combinations.
- Assist in investigating drug-resistance induced in in vitro malaria cultures.
- Assist with maintaining and preparing all required SOP reports and documents.
- Maintain a safe working environment and adhere to applicable safety regulations.
- Summarize experimental data for reports, presentations, and publications.
- Maintain data derived from the in vitro experiments in the Division’s Electronic Data Management System or other designated location.
- Conduct in vitro experiments as per the CARB Presidential Initiative and SOPs within the Department of Drug Discovery, as needed.
- Ensure that all lab equipment is maintained and serviced as required.
- Have Medical Technologists Certification, AMT and MT.
- Physical Capabilities: Physical Capabilities: Work may involve long periods of standing and handling of BSL2 level infectious agents, toxic chemicals, and blood-borne pathogens. Work will require the ability to operate research equipment requiring manual dexterity.
- Work environment: Biosafety Level (BSL) 2 laboratory and animal BSL 2 laboratory. Potential exposure to infectious agents, toxic chemicals, and blood-borne pathogens. Must be able to wear appropriate personal protective equipment. Will also work in an office setting.