Senior Database Analyst
7 days left
- Full Time
The Senior Database Anayst will be responsible for:
- Designing, planning, implementing and administering databases including security, access, and documentation
- Participates in the design, maintenance, enhancement, coding, and administration of relational databases.
- Analyzes and determines information needs and elements, data relationships and attributes, data flow and storage requirements, and data output and reporting capabilities.
- Coordinates new data development ensuring consistency and integration with existing data warehouse structure.
- Reviews business requests for data and data usage, researches data sources for new and better data feeds.
- Participates in continuous improvement efforts in enhancing performance and providing increased functionality, including performing proactive maintenance such as ensuring continued space availability, monitoring activity, and documenting problems, changes, and solutions.
- Tests designed applications.
- Assignments may include design of data dictionaries, database structure and layout, installing, upgrading, and managing database applications.
- May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced Analysts.
- Stay current on vendors' best security practices in relation to organizational requirements.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Designs, implements and maintains complex databases.
- Includes maintenance of database dictionaries, overall monitoring of standards and procedures, and integration of systems through database design.
- Works at the highest level of all phases of database management.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university computer science, information system, a physical science, engineering or a mathematics-intensive discipline, or an applicable training certificate from an accredited training institution
- Security Plus Certification is a plus
- 5-7 years of increasingly complex and progressive experience in performing systems analysis, development, and implementation of business, mathematical, or scientific settings using a variety of information technology resources. Has experience with current technologies and, where required for the task, emerging technologies
- An Active Secret Clearance is a plus