The Defense Health Agency, National Capital Region Medical Directorate (NCR-MD) is the future of Military Medicine- a partnership in World Class Medical Healthcare. The Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, the National Intrepid Center of Excellence (NICoE), Fort Belvoir Community Hospital, Dilorenzo Clinic and the Joint Pathology Center, provide world class medical services to the nation's service members and their families.
About the Position:
Serves as a dietitian in the Outpatient Nutrition Services clinic, working with 5 other dietitians, an exercise therapist and a clinic administrator. Works in close proximity to the Nutrition Services Education and Research Division and dietetic internship program. Work is performed in a personal office and a clinic classroom. Applicant will see adult and pediatric patients over age 10 by consult and self-referral for a wide range of nutrition diagnoses and concerns. The reasons for appointments are generally described, but applicant is expected to possess wide-based nutrition knowledge to counsel effectively.
This position is a part time position working two days a week for a total of 32 hours a pay period.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
- Not Required
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Education required: The Dietitian occupation has specific educational requirements which apply to all positions. To meet this basic requirement, you must have a degree in dietetics, food, nutrition, food service management, institution management, or related science. The curriculum must have been in accordance with the qualifying requirements established the Commission on Dietetic Registration of The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND), formerly known as The American Dietetic Association (ADA). (Note: You must attach a copy of your transcripts.)
Registration: You must possess and maintain current professional registration as a registered dietitian (RD) from the Commission on Dietetic Registration of the The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND), formerly known as The American Dietetic Association (ADA). (Note: You must attach proof of registration at the time of application.)
Experience required: To qualify based on your work experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service which includes providing and coordinating comprehensive diabetes education; administering food operations and clinical nutrition for a medical treatment facility; and educating others on dietetic informatics related topics. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-11).
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Care Management
- Clinical Analysis
- Oral Communication
Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute education for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at - http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html.
Foreign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered for this position. Please submit your foreign education evaluation with your application.
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable suitability or fitness determination.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Tier 3 (T3) security clearance.
- This position requires the incumbent to have tuberculosis testing.
- This position may require the incumbent to work on any day or shift, including PMs, nights, weekends,holidays, or on an "on call" basis, necessary to meet mission requirements.
- This position has a mandatory seasonal influenza vaccination requirements and is subject to annual seasonal influenza vaccination unless otherwise exempted for medical or religious reasons.
- This position may require the incumbent to fulfill credentialing requirements and obtain and maintain appropriate/relevant clinical privileges.
- This position may be designated as Mission Essential and assume essential personnel status during inclement weather/emergencies.
- This position requires you to work on any day or shift, including PMs, nights, weekends or holidays.
- This position requires that you obtain and maintain a Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.