Information Operations Specialist
- Full Time
The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values -- integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.
All new DCIPS employees are required to complete a two-year DCIPS trial period.
For additional information on DCIPS please click the following link http://dcips.defense.gov/
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. For additional information, click here.
- Occasional Travel
- As mission requires
- Travel and relocation costs will be paid IAW JTR and AF Regulations
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- PCS expenses if authorized will be paid IAW JTR and Air Force Regulations
- Must be registered for Selective Service, see Legal & Regulatory Guidance
- This posn may be subject to provisions of the DoD Priority Placement Prog
- Incumbent must obtain and maintain a TS/SCI security clearance
- Incumbent is subject to initial and periodic drug testing
- Mobility is a condition of employment
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application.
Your resume must reflect the quality level of experience which demonstrates the possession of the knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies necessary for successful job performance required for this position. Examples of creditable experience include: Detailed knowledge of Air Force information operations and how it supports Air Force and Joint warfighting.
Note: Creditable experience may include previous military experience, experience gained in the private sector, or experience gained in another government agency.
Click on the following link to view specialized experience for this position:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Detailed knowledge of Air Force information operations and how it supports Air Force and Joint warfighting.
2. Thorough understanding of the intelligence requirements process and how warfighting requirements are input into the process.
3. Thorough knowledge of the management of intelligence resources, specifically the NFIP and Service POM portions of the Planning, Programming and Budget System (PPBS).
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY? You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
1. Position is designated critical-sensitive and incumbent must be able to obtain and retain a TOP SECRET (TS) security clearance with access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) to fully perform the duties and responsibilities of the position. A non-disclosure agreement must be signed.
2. This position has been designated by the Air Force as a Testing Designated Position (TDP) under the Air Force civilian Testing Program. Employee must pass initial and periodic drug testing. Illegal drug use by employees in sensitive positions presents a clear threat to the mission of the Air Force, national security and public safety.
3. Position is required to perform frequent temporary duty travel (TDY) utilizing military and/or commercial transportation.
4. A baccalaureate or masters degree in political science, administration or management areas is desired.
5. Incumbent required to sign a mobility agreement.