Facilitator/ Research Assistant, Department of Psychology (Part-time & temporary) - Georgetown Coll
Facilitator/ Research Assistant, Department of Psychology (Part-time & temporary) - Georgetown College
Georgetown's Department of Psychology is conducting a search for an outgoing, caring male professional to co-lead a new pilot program called Connect to Baby to be housed at Martha's Table. For more than 35 years, Martha's Table has worked to support stronger children, stronger families, and stronger communities via access to quality early education programs, healthy food, and family supports.
The Facilitator/Research Assistant has duties that include but are not limited to:
- With female co-lead, coordinates all aspects of the Connect to Baby program at Martha's Table.
- Completes training and certification procedures for Connect Program.
- Schedules program classes and visits.
- Facilitates the Connect to Baby program with a female co-lead - to include teaching classes, overseeing play sessions, and 1:1 parent mentoring.
- Conveys importance of co-parenting and parenting to participants.
- Teaches participants the critical importance of the infant/toddler needs.
- Performs administrative duties = for example, training on manualized parenting program materials, preparation of session materials for families, and maintenance of records.
- Participates in team meetings and answers logistical questions.
- Schedules and conducts Connect to Baby Sessions - either in the home or at Martha's Table.
- Collects and logs pre- and post-assessment data.
- Caring, outgoing professional male
- Preference for enrollment or graduation from an accredited college or university with a Master's in social work, child development, clinical psychology, counseling or related field
- Experience as a parent and/or working with infants/toddlers
- Caring attitude toward mothers, fathers and young children
- Creativity in solving problems and planning activities
- Flexible schedule
- Experience working in collaborative or partnership situations
- Effective listening and strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to interact comfortably with diverse people at all different levels - from other staff in the program to parents and children.
- Male with an outgoing, caring male professional
The Facilitator/ Research Assistant position is both part-time and temporary (6-months beginning on or about August 2017).
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.