Equipment Manager - Hoya Athletics
Equipment Manager - Hoya Athletics
The Equipment Manager assists the Director of Equipment and Transportation in the annual procurement of athletics apparel, equipment, and footwear and participates in activities related to the purchase, storage, issuance and return, and the repair of athletic equipment, clothing and uniforms for Georgetown University intercollegiate sports teams and athletics department staff. The Manager adheres to operational policies and procedures in order to maintain full compliance with NCAA, Conference and University regulations, as well as compliance with terms of contracts with manufacturers and handles responsibility for multiple sport programs, as assigned. Reporting to the Director of Equipment and Transportation, the Manager has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Assists in maintaining a computerized inventory control and POS system for all equipment room stock.
- Ensures the availability of uniforms and equipment for practice, and all home and away contests.
- Manages transportation and allocation of on-field equipment for each team practice.
- Manages practice operations for select Varsity teams.
- Assists travel operations, and transports team equipment to visiting sites for away contests for select Varsity teams.
- Transports and sets up sideline communication for all Football games.
- Ensures equipment and apparel is properly prepared for post-season participation.
- Assists in the coordination of the purchase of new equipment, uniforms and clothing with the athletics business office, sport administrators, coaches, and vendor representatives.
- Assists in the planning and procurement of water and soft drink deliveries and distribution for internal use at team events.
- Prepares and maintains related sizing records and files, including notes on student-athletes equipment history.
- Participates in the maintenance and repair of athletic equipment, uniforms and facilities.
- Inspects equipment for defects.
- Collects and cleans soiled clothing items. Insects and maintains locker rooms to ensure clean and sanitary operational environment.
- Assists in the receipt all department packages and coordinates drop off times with several parcel services.
- Manages local delivery and pick up of product for the purpose of embellishment and repairs of team and department products.
- Supervision and management of interns, volunteers and student workers. Provides leadership, direction and instruction for these positions.
- Assists the Director in the oversight and distribution of annual participation and postseason awards for student-athletes in full compliance with NCAA and University regulations.
- Assists in the organization and execution of ordering and distributing Varsity letter awards.
- Assists in the fulfillment of authorized orders for Georgetown athletics memorabilia.
Transportation Administration Support
- Assists in coordinating and maintaining the efficient operation of all Department vehicles, identifying and reporting items requiring maintenance and repair, and scheduling vehicles for repair and preventive maintenance - to include maintenance of vehicle damage and condition reports.
- Assists in scheduling and maintaining a computerized event management system for all equipment department vehicles.
- Assists in the scheduling and coordinating of buses for team and student transportation to home men's basketball games.
- Bachelor's degree
- 1 to 3 years of experience working in athletics equipment, preferably at the NCAA Division I or Professional Athletics level
- Knowledge of NCAA rules regarding equipment and apparel
- Proficiency with applicable computer software programs - for example, inventory tracking systems
- AEMA certification or certifiable.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to provide leadership, direction, and instruction for all staff members and students supervised
- Willingness and availability to work evenings, weekends and holidays, and to travel with selected varsity teams throughout the year
Equipment Manager is an emergency position that requires the individual to report to work during inclement weather at the regularly scheduled time regardless of whether the University is closed, opening late or closing early.
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.