Office of the Registrar
Exempt, Regular, Full-time, Pay Grade 3.1
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks a Student Records Operations Analyst within the Office of the Registrar organization. Reporting to the AVP, Registrar Strategic Operations, the Student Records Operations Analyst is responsible for the analysis of data and processes to inform operational decisions and day-to-day workforce optimization within the Records & Operations Support unit. The Analyst will serve an instrumental role by assembling data from various sources to evaluate key aspects of the student life cycle and making recommendations for operational improvements and process efficiencies to meet departmental objectives. Additionally, the Analyst will also support cross-departmental, university-wide initiatives requiring representation from the Office of the Registrar.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Support the analytic needs of the Office of the Registrar by analyzing key data points in the student life cycle.
- Collaborate with the Office of Analytics to create and generate standard daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and year-end reports as well as ad-hoc reports to inform operational and workforce optimization decisions by managers and senior leadership in the Office of the Registrar.
- Work in close collaboration with the managers within the Office of the Registrar to define, develop, and document data needs and translate those needs into standard operational reports on student activities and results.
- Support the strategy, planning, development, and execution of special projects within the department.
- Create and refine metrics dashboards for each unit within the Office of the Registrar and provide analyses, interpretation, and conclusions based on that data.
- Collaborate with internal departments, such as, the Office of Analytics, Marketing, Strategic Enrollment Management, and Student Advising and Retention to gather and validate data and formulate recommendations on operational activities.
- The ability to understand, provide guidance & lead initiatives when working across Student Systems such as Peoplesoft, Onbase, Salesforce and our Learning Management System.
- Assumes a leadership role when implementing new student information systems
- Monitor and establish a process for maintaining the accuracy, quality, and integrity of student records.
- Provide data-driven recommendations to build business cases to improve processes and recommend initiatives to strengthen the Office of the Registrar.
- Conduct deep dives into specific data categories and operational processes to uncover trends and identify areas of opportunity.
- Identify, recommend, and support the implementation of process and systems changes to create efficiencies in data collection, reporting, analysis and process optimization.
- Assist in defining, analyzing, and continuously improving business processes while creating and maintaining the documentation that supports these processes.
- Develop queries and ad hoc reports as may be desired by senior management and to support summary analysis for executive presentations.
- Participate in both operational projects and strategic initiatives with cross-functional teams throughout the university.
- Stay abreast of and report on market trends in higher education
- Other job related duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher learning and a minimum of three (3) years of relevant work experience.
- A proven track record of progressive operations analysis experience, as well as knowledge of telephony, ERP and CRM systems, including PeopleSoft Campus Solutions and Salesforce.
- Advanced understanding and experience using Access, Excel, as well as the entire Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization and present data specific to the end users' level of understanding.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master's degree from an accredited institution of higher learning in a related discipline.
- Experience in the areas of student records and reporting.
- Demonstrated skills in the areas of strategic thinking, creative problem solving, time management, oral and written communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and to handle multiple tasks; possess qualities like: the ability to use independent judgment and to make informed decisions in a timely fashion; the ability to interact and communicate effectively with all levels of an organization.
- Ability to formulate assessments and propose recommendations in an articulate fashion.
- Ability to support executive level execution of strategic priorities, and adapt to changes in a dynamic work environment.
- Exposure to project management skills, business process redesign, and data analysis is highly desired.
The position is available immediately and will remain open until filled.
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
If you are an external candidate, you are required to create an account prior to completing your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to check on the status of your application or to apply to additional jobs.