Are you eager to be a part of legal team within a vibrant medical association at the forefront of the oncology field? Are you looking for an exciting new opportunity to apply your paralegal and administrative experience while enhancing your skills?
Who we are:
The American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) is a stable, forward-thinking, growing membership organization that operates in a results-focused work environment in which employees’ evaluation emphasizes performance outcomes. This is an Alexandria, Virginia-based position that offers an excellent benefits package, subsidized parking or Metro benefits, and opportunities to participate in professional development programs. To learn more about ASCO, please visit www.asco.org/jobs.
Who we are looking for:
We are seeking a high-performing and enthusiastic Paralegal to join the high-profile Center for Integrity & Law (CEIL) team under the Office of the CEO. The candidate will perform paralegal functions, support a team of in-house counsel, and participate in compliance functions and department projects and initiatives. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, enjoy using your writing, research, and analytical skills, and have a passion for working in the legal field, then we want to hear from you!
What you will do:
- Research legal, governance, and compliance matters and monitor relevant legislative or regulatory activity, including performing LexisNexis and other database searches; and draft related memos, reports, and articles
- Prepare, submit, and track regulatory filings and legal notices while coordinating with external agencies and vendors
- Coordinate document production and filing for litigation; prepare and process simple contracts and amendments; and draft correspondence using templates
- Establish, use, maintain, and improve corporate, legal, compliance, policy, and budget files, reports, databases, and procedures; and support administrative functions
- Accurately prepare and administer conflict of interest (COI) disclosure charts, audits, and reports; maintain COI disclosure and management databases
- Assist in administration and implementation of corporate compliance program and policies, develop relationships across departments, compile and synthesize information for compliance reports.
Skills and qualifications needed for the position:
- A minimum of two years’ professional paralegal experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications; hands-on experience working with databases such as Lexis Nexis; and familiarity with technical applications such as SharePoint and DocuSign is a plus
- Enthusiasm, good judgment, and excellent communication skills (listening, verbal, and written)
- Ability to stay focused, organized, and effective while independently executing multiple priorities accurately and anticipating needs in advance
- Track record of successful multi-tasking in a fast-paced and professional environment while meeting deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills; team-oriented approach
ASCO is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Apply for Paralegal
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly