Meeting Planner and Membership Coordinator
The Meeting Planner and Membership Coordinator plays a critical role in delivering an exceptional experience to ACHP’s members. This enthusiastic and personable individual manages the logistical components of ACHP’s membership events, including the annual Symposium, collaboratives and Board meetings. The coordinator ensures that all meetings are delivered at the highest standards of excellence. This individual builds and maintains positive internal and external business relationships to facilitate a team approach to the successful planning and execution of all meetings. The Meeting Planner and Membership Coordinator also works closely with the Manager, Board Operations and Member Relations to maintain and build engagement with ACHP executives, senior leaders, partners and constituents.
This individual should be creative in developing high-quality events and providing all-around superior customer service.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the logistical components of the annual Symposium and other in-person meetings, including selection of meeting sites and event venues; negotiate event-related contracts (hotels, restaurants, transportation, audio visual) and serve as point person for all planning and communications with event facilities and vendors. Track meeting expenses against budget.
- Organize and manage the work of ACHP staff on all aspects of the Symposium, including communications, registration, and ACHP staff responsibilities to ensure tasks are completed, deadlines met, and information is shared across all staff stakeholders.
- Support the timely completion of all Board meeting preparation, including communications, registration, materials and website updates.
- Support logistics related to virtual member events, including webinar set up, communications and website calendar maintenance.
- Partner with ACHP staff to ensure accurate tracking of member engagement activities and generate member engagement reports.
- Assist with efforts to collect current contacts at member organizations.
- Support corporate member recruitment, including the preparation and distribution of recruitment packets.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with key representatives from member plans, partners, constituents, hotel contacts and vendors.
- Partner with ACHP’s administrative staff in providing a full range of administrative coverage and support for ACHP.
- A desire to learn about nonprofit, community health plans and the value they bring.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree, or relevant certification in meetings or event management; Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) designation a plus.
- 2-3 years of professional experience in meetings or event management, preferably in a not-for-profit environment or with a member association.
- Demonstrated organization and time management skills, and experience keeping multiple tasks/priorities on deadline with high degree of quality and accuracy.
- Solid communication skills, oral, written and listening.
- Customer-focused mindset.
- Strong judgement and problem-solving skills, and the ability to think independently and take initiative.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook); Experience with customer relationship management software and association database systems preferred.
Please submit a resume and cover letter via e-mail to ACHP Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Meeting Planner and Membership Coordinator, along with your first initial and last name in the subject line of your e-mail message.