Principal Systems Administrator, Info Security - TS/SCI
- Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
- Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
- Sets up administrator and service accounts.
- Maintains system documentation
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- May program in an administrative language.
- Oversees implementation of testing strategies and documentation of results.
- Provides advice and training to end-users.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- Serves as a technical team or task leader.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
10-15 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
- GPO management
- STIG reviews and mitigation
- Create and track POA&Ms and exceptions
- Work with security team to address vulnerabilities
- Patch Management
- ACAS reporting
- Security Center reporting
- Windows server 2008\2012 DFS\DFSR knowledge
- SCCM 2001\2012 client repair
- Position will require on call support and occasional night and weekend work.
- CompTIA Security + CE
Because of the sensitive nature of the work being done for this government client; all candidates must hold a TS/SCI and be willing to take and pass a Polygraph if requested.
Must possess appropriate current DoD Information Assurance (IA) Certification to be considered for employment; either CompTIA Security+ CE OR CCNA-Security. CompTIA Security+ CE is the preferred certification. In addition must attain the required DoD 8570 Computing Environment (CE) Certification prior to Hire Date.
As part of your role/function on the program; you will be granted privileged user access.Privileged Users are subject to greater scrutiny as a direct result of the significant responsibilities placed upon them. Please be aware that because of these critical duties; you will be subject to additional IT system monitoring; and supervisory evaluation to ensure continuous adherence to Privileged User processes and procedures. Privileged Users are subject to a zero tolerance policy for security violations.