401K Administration Manager
Overall management of the 401k Department serving as the primary point of contact between Contributing Employers and union leadership IAM National 401(k) Fund as well as the 401k record keeper.
Responsible for general supervision of the staff within the department, including one 401k Coordinator, potentially two Contribution Processors, and potentially one processor.
Required annual federal compliance testing (ADP/ACP), annual census clean-up, as well as required annual mailings. Preparation of departmental budget.
Internal daily contact with the Accounting, Education and Legal Departments along with occasional contact with all other Fund Departments.
External daily contact with contributing employers, participants, union representatives, 401(k) record-keeper (currently John Hancock) and weekly contact with the Funds’ internal General Counsel as well the Fund’s external Counsel (currently Slevin & Hart) and the CPA firms (currently Calibre and Bond Beebe).
Have contact with entities external to the Fund such as Union Representatives and Employer Representatives.
- Manage and oversee the administration of the IAM National 401(k) Fund. Coordinate functions between various Departments, including, potentially the acceptance of new employers into the 401(k) Fund, the establishment of new groups with the record-keeper, as well as providing any follow up data that may be requested by the record-keeper.
- Prepare periodic reports to the ELT.
- Finalize all Board of Trustee write ups, including adhoc reports, and department reports for the IAM National 401(k) Fund (quarterly) prior to submission to the Director of Education and Employer Services.
- Oversee the Employer Payroll Audit division, including calculating budget for the audit programs for the IAM National 401(k) Fund as well as implement the revised audit selection process and ensure compliance with the Employer Payroll Audit Procedures.
- Oversee the acceptance of new contributing employers to IAM National 401(k) Fund, which may include reviewing analysis of collective bargaining agreements, Standard Contract Language for compliance with the Plan documents and policies.
- Oversee the renewal process of existing contributing employers.
- Responsible for the administration of the Top Heavy regulations, including overseeing the collection of the data and reviewing completed compliance questionnaires prior to forwarding data to Fund Counsel for final determination.
- Plan annual budget for the department as well as monitor and analyze any budgetary expenditures throughout the year.
- Analyze internal processes and recommend and implement procedural or policy changes to improve department operations.
- Troubleshoot inquiries from participants, employers, union representatives regarding the IAM National 401(k) Fund, serve as an intermediary with the record-keeper (John Hancock) to satisfactorily resolve issues.
- Set goals and establish deadlines for the department. Schedule monthly department meetings to facilitate communication.
Annual performance review of direct report management (currently one 401k Coordinator).
College degree or comparable work experience, strong analytical, writing and math skills are required.
- Must have 3 - 5 years of relevant work experience
- 3 or more years of management/leadership experience
Good attendance record and punctuality are required.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume to Cynthia Dietrich, Interim Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Fund offers a competitive salary, a full range of benefits, and the opportunity to work in a collegial environment.