Legal Executive Assistant
The Legal Executive Assistant provides high-level legal administrative support and assistance for the General Counsel and other personnel of the Legal Services Department by performing clerical and a variety of specialized, complex and confidential administrative support duties, and by performing other related duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (The listing below is not meant to include all the duties of the position, nor do all listed examples include all tasks which may be required of the position.)
- Maintain General Counsel’s calendar and contact list.
- Schedule meetings and arrange conference rooms.
- Draft and finalize reports for presentation to the Fund’s Board of Trustees and Trustee Appeals Committee.
- Organize and maintain law library.
- Prepare correspondence, spreadsheets, statistical reports, departmental metrics and key performance indicators.
- Prepare confidential and sensitive documents.
- Handle initial intake of legal services requests from other Departments.
- Maintains office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Proofreads and edits correspondence and reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Reviews and processes vendor invoices through AvidXchange.
- Prepare and organize meeting material, including agenda.
- Manage travel and prepare necessary travel and reimbursement documents for General Counsel.
- Maintain departmental standard operating procedures.
- Coordinate office management activities.
- Maintain hard copy and electronic filing/document management system.
Qualified Domestic Relations Orders (QDRO) Review:
- Prepare required checklists to track QDRO’s status in Fund Office.
- Select, prepare and mail applicable acknowledgement letter to parties.
- Select and draft applicable form determination letters for Pension Specialist’s Review.
- Finalize and mail QDRO determination letters prepared by self or Pension Specialist.
- Mail QDRO material upon request.
- Maintain detailed records of all costs incurred by the Legal Department during the Fund financial year and delineate how each item impacts the Legal Budget.
- Maintain detailed database of legal bills submitted for payment to Accounting.
- Help prepare departmental budget worksheets.
- Prepare final budget package.
- Thorough knowledge of legal documents and terminology, including terminology and documents related to employee benefit plans.
- Thorough knowledge of legal communication practices and principles.
- Working knowledge of legal research methods.
- 3+ years’ experience as a legal or executive assistant.
- High School Diploma; Associate degree preferred.
- Ability to think critically.
- Strong planning and organizing skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Typing speed of at least 50 wpm with high rate of accuracy.
- Able to effectively prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Courteous and professional demeanor.
- Able to work as a team with attorneys and other legal professionals.
- Strong sense of discretion and integrity.
- High stress tolerance.
Start date to be determined after the candidate is selected.