Are you excited about helping to contribute to a professional body of knowledge? Do you like working with others who are passionate about their work? If so, come join the American Society of Civil Engineers! We are currently seeking a production editor with excellent technical editing skills to help produce our 36 scholarly journals.
- Electronic and paper-based editing and proofing
- Administration of production tracking system
- Performing quality-control checks of manuscripts
- Enforcing standards of quality control in all phases of production
The ideal candidate will have:
- A four-year degree and two years of relevant editorial experience
- Knowledge of the Chicago Manual of Style
- Experience with ProduXion Manager (preferred) or other online production software
- Ability to communicate effectively with vendors, authors, editors, and staff
- Demonstrated success working in a deadline-driven environment
- Journals production and MathType experience helpful
- Graphic experience a plus
The American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) is a global nonprofit professional membership association dedicated to the advancement of the civil engineering profession in order to serve the public good.
To accomplish ASCE's mission, ASCE staff works together as a team, based on a foundation of trust, striving for individual and organizational excellence. To achieve our shared goals, we maintain a relentless focus on members and a commitment to continuously grow and improve individually and collectively.
For consideration, submissions of interest must contain a resume and cover letter with salary requirements.
To submit resume and cover letter go to: https://asce.applicantpro.com/jobs/589003.html