Sr Administrator, Systems w/Polygraph
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Specific duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Serving as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone or email
- Respond to questions from all emails and callers
- Walk the customer through the problem-solving process
- Become familiar with helpdesk policies and services
- Follow standard Service Desk operating procedures; accurately log all Service Desk tickets using the defined tracking software
- Performing remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
- Determining the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers
- Follow-up and update customer status and information
- Other duties as assigned by the Service Desk Lead
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
5-8 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
- Proven experience as a help desk technician or other customer support role
- Friendly presence and helpful attitude; good interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Office Tools
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
- Ability to provide technical support over the phone; good phone skills, professional demeanor, previous customer service experience strongly desired
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues
- Good problem solving skills; ability to visualize a problem or situation and think abstractly to solve it.
- Ability to handle constantly changing flow of traffic; remain productive during slow times, be able to multitask effectively during busy times, exercise patience and professionalism during stressful situations
- Experience working with a service desk or ticketing tool
- Ability to work with or without direct supervision.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.