Clinical Nurse Supervisor - Emergency Services
Under the supervision and in collaboration with the Nurse Manager and Nursing Director, the Clinical Nurse Leader is a designated clinical leader for a patient care area who works to plan and coordinate care at the service/department level. The Clinical Nurse Leader provides for and utilizes staff appropriately, matching assignments with patient care needs and competencies; is accountable for cost effective decision-making regarding utilization of resources. (i.e., human resources, patient care environment, supplies, etc.) and day-to-day operational decision making; participates in the development of patient care standards; facilitates staff orientation and continuing education; participates in the development, implementation and evaluation of the quality improvement plan; and maintains a clinical environment that demonstrates service excellence. The Clinical Nurse Leader functions as a professional role model and resource person, supporting the mission of Dimensions Healthcare System.Responsibilities:
- Assesses complement of staff and the level of clinical expertise needed to provide excellence in patient care. Make assignments that reflect consideration of patient census, acuity, staff mix, staff’s level of clinical competence, and unit standards taking patient assignments as deemed necessary.
- Delegate’s task within the team member’s authorized scope of practice.
- Acts as a role model and clinical resource for staff.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient and staff information.
Maximizes efficacy of available human resources
- Recognizes needs of preceptors, orientees and students. Provides and supports appropriate experiences that promotes growth and development of all staff.
Exercises stewardship in the utilization of resources
- Facilitates appropriate staffing patterns and productive use of time.
- Actively participates in continuing educational activities to enhance professional competence.
- Associates Nursing degree with a minimum three (3) years related Nursing experience
- Demonstrated capability of assessing current acitivities or problems in a clinical setting, evaluating alternative approaches and implementing program/practices which impact the scope of the problem
- Capable of establishing and maintaining effective relationships with members of the health care team
- Current Maryland Registered Nurse license in good standing
- Basic Life Support Certification
- Working knowledge of ICD-9 (medical coding)
- Basic medical terminology working experience