Supervisory IT Specialist (INFOSEC), ZP-2210-5 (Direct Hire)
IMPORTANT APPLICATION DEADLINE: The first referral of candidates from this announcement will be made from applications received by 11:59 PM EST, Thursday, June 22, 2017. Subsequent cut off dates may be established as requested by management.
This is a Direct Hire Public Notice. Please read this Public Notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application for consideration.
This position is located in the Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO), Cyber Security Division (CSD) with one vacancy in Silver Spring.
This position will be filled under the DOC Alternative Personnel System (CAPS). This system replaced the Federal GS pay plan and structure. Under CAPS, positions are classified by career, pay plan, and pay band. The ZP-5 is equivalent to the GS-15.
Category Rating, Veterans Preference and traditional rating and ranking of applicants do not apply to this Public Notice.
* A one year supervisory probationary period may be required.
* Payment of relocation expenses is not authorized.
* This position is not in the bargaining unit.
*This position is Drug Testing designated.
* This vacancy may be used to fill other Supervisory IT Specialist (INFOSEC), ZP-2210-5 positions throughout NOAA. The position must be alike (e.g.: within the same geographic locations, same grade/band requires the same qualifications as indicated in this vacancy announcement).
Applicants must clearly demonstrate all components of the Specialized Experience in application materials provided in order to qualify for this position. Failure to demonstrate the Specialized Experience below WILL result in disqualification.
- Not Required
Qualification requirements in the vacancy announcements are based on the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards Handbook, which contains federal qualification standards. This handbook is available on the Office of Personnel Management's website located at: http://www.opm.gov/qualifications.
For all positions individuals must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below.
- Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
- Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
- Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
- Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
To qualify at the ZP-5 (GS-15) level:
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: In addition to meeting the IT Competencies above, applicants must also possess one full year (52 weeks) of specialized experience equivalent to the ZP-4 (GS-14) in the Federal service. Specialized experience MUST include all of the following:
- Providing oversight and expertise in cybersecurity of all IT systems to ensure they are adequately protected to ensure confidentiality, integrity and availability in order to minimize the risk of unauthorized access, use, disclosure, disruption, modification or destruction;
- Working with managers in charge of subordinate office IT architectures to ensure compliance with Federal and industry requirements;
- Performing in-depth technical analysis and providing technical, top-level advice on managing the IT security program, in accordance with the requirements of the Federal Information Security Modernization Act (FISMA); and
- Designing and implementing an IT security program in a department/agency with an IT user population count that exceeds 10,000.
Application materials should clearly specify the numerical value of IT user population count as well as applying FISMA requirements to an IT security program.
Applicants must meet ALL application requirements, to include a complete online resume, by 11:59 p.m. EASTERN TIME (ET) on the closing date of this announcement.
CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT: Incumbent will be expected to obtain Certified Information Security Systems Professional (CISSP) certification within two years of entrance on duty.