Graduation from high school and completion of specialized training in computer technology either during or following high school; and experience in repairing a variety of computers and peripheral devices; or any combination of education and experience that would provide the following knowledge, abilities, and skills:
- Excellent working knowledge of hardware, software, and network communications
- Complete familiarity with Windows OS, as well as database, spreadsheet, and word processing applications in the Windows environment is essential
- Must be able to work effectively as part of a team
- Demonstrates the professional and personal characteristics necessary for working effectively with school personnel
- A+ Certification preferred
The Computer Technician is directly responsible for the installation, testing, and ongoing support of appropriate information and communication technologies for the equipment within Loudoun County Public Schools. This position provides first level support of hardware and software, including but not be limited to workstations, laptops, printers, scanners, Microsoft products, Adobe products, and a variety of other applications used within Loudoun County Public Schools.RESPONSIBILITIES:
The technician will perform such activities as necessary to fulfill the requirements of the position, including but not limited to:
- Installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and repairing workstations and peripheral equipment
- Installing, configuring, and troubleshooting the operating system, software programs, and connectivity software
- Troubleshooting network connectivity problems
- Installing, configuring, and troubleshooting network print-share devices and printers
- Developing and maintaining sufficient knowledge of the information and communication technologies used within the Loudoun County Public Schools in order to provide quality and timely support to the users of those technologies
- Acting both proactively and reactively to define and resolve technical problems and to recognize and implement opportunities for technical improvements
- Performing related work as required
JOBS CLOSE AT 12:00 PM ON THE CLOSING DATE.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit for prolonged periods of time; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or tools; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or bend and may be required to lift up to approximately 50 pounds.
Department of Human Resources and Talent DevelopmentSALARY:
Classified Position, Level 13
Salary Range: Refer to
12 Month Position, 8 hours per dayDAYS: FROM - TO -