DISTRIBUTION CENTER ASSISTANT
Graduation from high school or any equivalent combination of education and experience that would provide the following:
- Ability to learn warehouse duties; to operate the tools and equipment used in the work; to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
The work is regularly active and is performed in a warehouse and while operating a delivery van. Position requires worker to lift and carry up to 100 pounds; climb stairs, ladders, or scaffolding; bend, kneel, and crouch; hold, grasp, and turn objects; and use fingers to operate computer keyboard. The work requires the ability to speak normally and to use normal or aided vision and hearing.JOB DESCRIPTION:
This is warehouse work involving loading and unloading shipments and making deliveries to school locations. An employee in this class is responsible for receiving, storing, picking up, and delivering materials and supplies processed through the school system central warehouse. Work includes operation of forklift equipment and delivery vans. Workers follow specific instructions and procedures and refer non-standard situations or problems to others.
- Unloads shipments by hand or forklift; verifies accuracy of order; labels items; and delivers textbooks to schools.
- Receives and, as necessary, assembles items and stores items in designated warehouse locations.
- Pick-up items for delivery to school facilities.
- Pick-up and move items to school facilities/locations, as assigned.
- Performs as substitute courier, when required.
- Performs physical inventory, as assigned.
- Performs related work as required.
JOBS CLOSE AT 12:00 PM ON THE CLOSING DATE.APPLY TO:
Department of Human Resources and Talent DevelopmentSALARY:
Classified Position, Level 9
Salary Range: Refer to
12 Month Position, 8 hours per dayDAYS: FROM - TO -