Accounting Coordinator, Academic Conferences and Continuing Legal Education Center - Georgetown Uni
Accounting Coordinator, Academic Conferences and Continuing Legal Education Center - Georgetown University Law Center
Georgetown Law's Academic Conferences and Continuing Legal Education (ACCLE) has an established tradition with more than 30 years of experience providing the legal community high quality programs. Our programs and products are developed with the profession's ever-changing needs in mind, while simultaneously meeting the mandatory CLE requirements of state bars. Located in the heart of the nation's capital, we feature the country's leading officials, judges, and practitioners as presenters.
The Accounting Coordinator performs basic accounting activities related to the ACCLE's cost centers to ensure that revenue is collected in a timely fashion and expenditures occur within specified budgetary and policy boundaries. S/he assists the Business Operations Manager with related financial transactions in designated cost centers; with the GMS non-payroll journal transaction report reconciliation; and the completion of office management tasks. Reporting to the Business Operations Manager, the Accounting Coordinator has duties that include but are not limited to:
Basic office management and operational responsibilities
- Orders supplies, monitors supply inventory, and maintains the department's office equipment - including working with the Business Operations Manager to adhere to budgetary constraints when ordering supplies and overseeing supply equipment, usage, and inventory.
- Consults with the Marketing Manager and program planning teams to order department branded items to be distributed to program chairs, advisory board members, speakers, sponsors, and team members as appropriate.
- Updates the department's shared Google calendar and responds to conference room reservation requests from other departments or professors.
- Maintains and updates the general office manual in consultation with the Business Operations Manager and the Director or Assistant Dean.
- Provides general administrative support to the Assistant Dean and the Director of Academic Conferences and Continuing Legal Education as needed.
- Coordinates day-to-day office procedures to ensure the office is running smoothly and is presentable for team members and visitors.
- Assists with the onboarding of new employees, work-study students, and temporary employees.
- Serves as representative to Facilities and Public Safety Departments in acquiring keys, ensuring that offices are properly secured and maintained, and alerting building engineers of maintenance issues.
- Maintains the hardware and software inventory
Direct financial and operations support to the business operations of both in-person and online CLE programs
- Administers accounts payable requests via GMS Financial and other official University A/P pipelines - to include vendor payments via check, vendor payments via credit card, wire and electronic funds transfers, travel reimbursements, and internal departmental transfers via journal voucher.
- Administers accounts receivables and monthly Invoicing of sponsors, exhibitors, patrons, and registrants; and works collaboratively with Marketing Manager, Marketing & Customer Service Assistant, and Business Operations Manager to ensure timely collection of revenue.
- Ensures that all GMS worktags are accurate and correct (revenue and expense categories coding of all processed A/P and A/R).
- Processes the check deposits and enters the check information/ deposits in TouchNet only.
- Processes credit card payments via terminal/merchant account.
- Creates journal vouchers and submission in GMS.
- Reconciles all A/P and A/R against the ACCLE general ledger accounts.
- Maintains the appropriate audit trail and supporting documentation for BAR reconciliation purposes.
- Reviews ProCard activity and applies the appropriate worktags on a monthly basis per internal business process.
- Performs continued maintenance of event platform as it relates to revenue collection based on revenue stream: event registration, sponsorship, patrons, and bonus-on-demand.
- Ensures successful transition from Pivotal CRM to event or other future CRM regarding merchant accountsactivit y by maintaining accurate records on both platforms.
- Fulfills the role of PCI DSS Authorized User for ACCLE and for managing credit card processing and PCI compliance.
- Assists the Business Operations Manager in tracking and monitoring general Financial Affairs policies and procedures that impact the department.
Duties assigned by the Assistant Dean or Director, of Academic Conferences & Continuing Legal Education
- Staffs CLE programs, academic conferences, and other events as needed
- Acting as a back-up to the Marketing & Customer Service Assistant as needed.
- Assists with tasks associated with online CLE programs.
- Participates in department strategic planning.
- Assists with other special projects.
- Maintains an operations manual of all processes and procedures for the position.
- High school diploma or certified equivalency - Bachelor's degree preferred (commensurate experience will be considered)
- Preference for at least 2 years of work experience in a professional setting
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.