IP Patent Docketing Specialist
DC law firm is seeking an experienced IP Patent Docketing Specialist to attend to day-to-day docketing functions of domestic and foreign patent prosecution in strict adherence to established policies and procedures for a growing and talented intellectual property law practice.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Prepare system reports and customized queries upon request or on a routine basis.
- Research and resolve docketing inaccuracies and answer questions related to the docket.
- Confirm and update case data using official online databases for US and foreign patent matters
- Assist with new client intake and client portfolio transfers, as necessary
- Assist with other IP related tasks, as necessary
- Analyze all incoming communication types related to US and foreign patent prosecution; discerning the pertinent information and entering required information into the docketing database.
- Reconcile as-filed documents, acknowledgment receipts, docket sheets, attorney comments and incoming/outgoing communication against docketed due dates in order to clear dockets.
- Monitor departmental email boxes for incoming communication and make appropriate docket updates.
- 2-7 years of patent docketing experience
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of patent prosecution procedures, terminology and deadlines
- Accurate data entry, proofreading and reading comprehension
- Work well under pressure and adjust quickly to changing priorities while maintaining a high level of productivity
- B.A/B.S. degree
- Experience with CPI/Patricia preferred