Senior Manager, Learning and Development
Working in 30+ countries globally, Conservation International (CI) Foundation is a non-profit organization committed to protecting the nature on which people around the world rely.
Conservation International seeks a DC-based Senior Manager, Learning and Development, responsible for supporting key organizational learning and development initiatives, and for identifying and implementing training and performance support solutions that meet the needs of CI’s global workforce. A particular emphasis will be on developing resources, training and learning paths for CI’s Management Academy, providing supervisor and management development across the organization.
S/he will collaborate with subject matter experts (SME’s) and other stakeholders to design, develop and implement classroom, virtual and e-learning programs for a variety of stakeholders, and/or manage external consultants and vendors to create highly effective learning solutions that engage a global audience.
- Design, development and implementation of learning and performance support solutions including instructor-led, self-directed or blended training, end-user materials, facilitator guides, and web-based learning and content curation as required.
- Identification of training/learning needs and determination of appropriate performance support and training interventions.
- Responsible for facilitating classroom and online training as required, as well as the sourcing and management of external consultants/vendors on learning programs and content as appropriate.
- Initiate and manage learning evaluation data, and extrapolate in support of the identification of trends and needs in learning and performance support across the organization.
- Collaborate cross-divisionally in support of learning and development goals, leveraging learning technologies as appropriate.
- Ensure that CI creates and maintains an active library of on-demand resources for the professional development of global staff at all levels.
- Monitor learning and development trends, best practice and recommend strategies and approaches to meet and exceed stakeholder expectations.
- Develop marketing and communications materials to support learning and development activities, including quarterly newsletter, and intranet postings.
- Work with Learning Management System as needed.
- Work closely with HR Business Partners and other key communication channels in support of marketing learning and development programs to employees.
- As needed, perform the day-to-day training coordination activities to support the implementation and management training and development programs.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- This position is located in Arlington, VA at Conservation International Headquarters.
- Typical office environment.
- Ability to work extended hours to meet deadlines.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Instructional Design, Educational Technology or Human Resources, and a minimum of 5 years related experience. Master’s Degree helpful.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the learning and development arena, instructional design practices, familiarity with principles of adult learning, and prior experience in the development of training programs and resources.
- Experience in delivery and facilitation of trainings, workshops and webinars.
- Superb communication skills, including presenting to diverse audiences in live and remote settings
- Strong project management, problem-solving, time management and prioritization skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively as a team player in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to gain cross-organization cooperation to complete diverse duties.
- Success in influencing and partnering with key stakeholders and other influential outside parties.
- Highly organized and self-directed, with a proven ability to multitask.
- Ability to communicate complex issues across a multi-lingual, multi-cultural organization.
- Superior technical skills, with mastery of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Graduate Degree
To apply, please include a cover letter.