Landlord-Tenant Paralegal/ Legal Assistant
Bregman, Berbert, Schwartz & Gilday, LLC, an AV-rated, full-service law firm located in downtown Bethesda, is seeking an experienced and reliable Landlord-Tenant Paralegal/Legal Assistant. This is a hybrid position that includes both paralegal and administrative responsibilities:
- Work closely with property management clients and attorneys to prepare and file Landlord-Tenant-related filings, primarily in Maryland and DC courts (including Failure to Pay Rent, Breach of Lease, Tenant Holding Over, Warrants of Restitution and others). Utilize the firm’s proprietary Landlord-Tenant software and a combination of carbon-copy court forms and e-filing. Draft, finalize, and serve legal notices in accordance with lease provisions and applicable law. Calendar court appearances on firm calendar, log and track process service requests. Frequent, direct communication with attorneys, clients, tenants, process servers and courts, and some travel to client sites and courts. Work closely with attorneys to prepare for court appearances, including preparing exhibits and communicating with property managers regarding court appearances, and prepare court dockets.
- Perform administrative duties, including, but not limited to, drafting correspondence, preparing case open sheets, check requests, expense reports, FedEx, certified mail, printing, scanning, copying, filing, providing backup phone coverage for the receptionist, and providing other administrative assistance as needed.
- At least 2-3+ years of paralegal or legal assistant experience (preferably in Landlord-Tenant or Litigation fields).
- High level of proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- High level of proficiency with legal timekeeping and billing software programs (Orion, Juris, Timeslips, etc.).
- Working knowledge of e-filing services (File & ServExpress, CaseFileXpress, PACER)
- Outstanding organizational, interpersonal, and administrative skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Must be self-motivated and able to meet deadlines under pressure.
- Must possess a willingness to learn and exhibit flexibility.
- Must have the ability to work as part of a team, as well as to work independently with little supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or Paralegal Certificate highly preferred.
- Competitive starting salary with opportunity for raises based upon performance.
- Health/Dental/Life Insurance.
- 401K/Profit Sharing Plan.
- Paid time off/holidays.
- Access to on-site fitness facility.
- Paid parking in downtown Bethesda or Metro stipend.
- Two blocks from Bethesda Metro Station.
- Family-like work environment.
To apply, please include cover letter, resume, and salary requirements
Apply for Landlord-Tenant Paralegal/ Legal Assistant
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly