IT SPECIALIST (SECURITY), CG-2210-13/14
1 day left
- Full Time
This position is located in the Division of Depositor and Consumer Protection, Administrative Management and Operations Branch, Operations Technology Systems Section, Washington, DC of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation and provides support in the areas of managing the development and implementation of FDIC's Information Security Program.
Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement to fill identical vacancies that occur subsequent to this announcement.
- Occasional Travel
- Occasional overnight travel may be required.
- Relocation is authorized
Qualifying experience may be obtained in the Private or public sector. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g. Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic, religious/spiritual; community; student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Additional qualifications information can be found here click here.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS (All IT Positions)
(In addition to the minimum qualification requirements, IT positions must meet the below Basic Requirement):
You must have Information Technology (IT)-related experience which demonstrates proficiency in each of the following competencies:
• Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
• Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
• Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
• Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
And meet specialized experience at the appropriate grade level(s) as follows:
CG-14: Applicants must have 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the grade 13 level in the Federal service. Specialized experience is experience applying IT security policies, concepts and practices sufficient to plan, coordinate and manage the development and implementation of IT security strategies and programs to ensure protection of IT assets and infrastructure. (This experience may have included defining objectives, interpreting policies and determining effects on program needs, risk assessments and testing security controls; leading and/or developing major IT security initiatives).
CG-13: Applicants must have 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the grade 12 level in the Federal service. Specialized experience is experience applying IT security policies, concepts and practices sufficient to plan, coordinate the development of IT security strategies and programs to ensure protection of IT assets and infrastructure. (This experience may have included defining objectives, interpreting policies and determining effects on program needs, risk assessments and testing security controls; leading and/or developing major IT security initiatives).
Applicants eligible for CTAP (Career Transition Assistance Program) or ICTAP (Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program) must achieve a score of 80 or higher in the online assessment to be determined "well qualified" for this position. For more information,click here
There is no substitution of education for the experience for this position.
High Risk Position - Background Investigation (BI) required.
Public Trust - Background Investigation