Human Resources Specialist (Recruitment & Placement)
Are you excited by the idea of helping to support $39 billion in small business financing and setting proper conditions to stimulate America's economic growth? SBA has been a leader in small business development for more than 60 years. In an increasingly globalized economy, we tackle challenges confronted by the small business community across geographic boundaries. Although times have changed since the SBA was founded in 1953, the Agency's mission - to promote the growth of small business - has not. Today, SBA is more vital than ever. We work in collaboration with partner organizations and use cutting-edge technologies and well-tested best practices to multiply our impact on small businesses. America's 28 million small businesses are the engine of job creation and economic growth in this country, creating nearly two out of every three new jobs in the United States and employing over half the nation's workforce. SBA ensures that these businesses have the tools and resources required to start and expand their operations, and create jobs that support a growing economy and strengthen America's middle class.
By applying for this position with SBA's Office of Disaster Assistance, you can enjoy challenging but satisfying work and join a highly motivated and diverse team that helps families and businesses rebuild their lives after a disaster.
You will serve as a Human Resources Specialist (Recruitment & Placement) for the Small Business Administration (SBA), Office of Disaster Assistance (ODA), Office of Disaster Personnel - ODP in Herndon, Virginia. This position provides HR assistance to ODA managers, supervisors, employees and applicants on a variety of recruitment and staffing issues.
ODP is located in the business area of Herndon, VA. It is conveniently located near various eateries and shops and is accessible via public transportation.
Additional selections may be made from this announcement if identical vacancies occur within 180 days from the closing date.
This position is also being announced under Merit Promotion Procedures, announcement # MP-17-018-ODP-10014622
In order to receive consideration as a status candidate, you must apply to the Merit Promotion announcement.
- Occasional Travel
- On occasion, especially during times of substantial disaster activity, you may be required to work overtime and/or travel with little or no advance notice.
Generally, time in Non-Pay status is not creditable towards the specialized experience requirement listed below.
You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
You may qualify based on experience, education or a combination of both.
To receive credit, you must indicate the month and year as well as the average hours worked per week for each employer. Average work hours must be stated on the resume to quantify each period of work experience or that experience will not be credited toward meeting the specialized experience requirement.
You must address the specific specialized experience required for each grade level of this position on your resume or application or you will be rated "Ineligible" for that grade level.
GS-09: To qualify you must have at least 1 full year (52 weeks) of specialized experience equivalent in difficulty and complexity to the GS-07 level in the Federal service that has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skill, and ability to perform successfully in this position. This experience may have been gained in a Non-Federal service position. In addition, this Specialized Experience must demonstrate the following:
- Performing or assisting with various duties related to advertising and filling a variety of positions which includes multiple functions such as performing job analyses, inputting or creating announcements, making eligibility/ and or qualification determinations and developing assessment tools to determine the best qualified applicants (i.e. questionnaires, narrative questions, structured interview questions, etc.);
- Completing or reviewing paperwork for a wide variety of personnel actions for employees such as accessions, promotions, reassignments, awards, etc.;
- Responding to inquiries from employees and/or applicants.
If qualifying based on education, you must submit transcripts by the closing date of this announcement or you will not be found eligible.
GS-09: Master's or equivalent graduate degree or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree if related.
A combination of experience and education as indicated above
1. Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) or Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP):
If you are claiming CTAP/ICTAP eligibility, provide a copy of your most recent annual performance appraisal (which must show at least a "fully successful" rating or equivalent), and proof of eligibility, i.e., a RIF separation notice or Certification of Expected Separation, and SF-50 noting current position, grade level, and duty location. In addition to meeting all qualification requirements and selective placement factors (if applicable), CTAP/ICTAP eligibles must meet the Well-Qualified criteria for the position in order to be given priority consideration. Information about CTAP and ICTAP eligibility is also on OPM's Career Transition Resources website at: CTAP/ICTAP.
2. If you are a veteran with preference eligibility and you are claiming 5-point veterans' preference, you must submit a copy of your DD-214 or other proof of eligibility. If you are claiming 10-point veterans' preference, you must submit an SF-15, "Application for 10-Point Veterans' Preference" plus the proof required by that form.
3. If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/59 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency.
Public Trust - Background Investigation