Space Management Specialist
If you are interested in a rewarding and challenging career, this is the position for you!
The Executive Office for Immigration Review (EOIR) seeks highly-qualified individuals to join our team of expert professionals in becoming a part of our challenging and rewarding Agency. The primary mission of the Executive Office for Immigration Review (EOIR) is to adjudicate immigration cases by fairly, expeditiously, and uniformly interpreting and administering the Nation's immigration laws. Under delegated authority from the Attorney General, EOIR conducts immigration court proceedings, appellate reviews, and administrative hearings. EOIR consists of three adjudicatory components: The Office of the Chief Immigration Judge, which is responsible for managing the Immigration Courts where Immigration Judges adjudicate individual cases; the Board of Immigration Appeals, which primarily conducts appellate reviews of these Immigration Judge decisions; and the Office of the Chief Administrative Hearing Officer, which adjudicates immigration-related employment cases.
This position is located in the Space and Facilities Management Staff (SFMS), Executive Office for Immigration Review (EOIR). The SFMS is responsible for managing facilities for the EOIR, which consists of headquarters for the EOIR in Falls Church, VA and field offices throughout the United States providing services related to new space acquisition, parking, renovations, maintenance, furniture, signage, etc. SFMS develops, implements and enforces EOIR/D0J/GSA policies and procedures for the acquisition, control, management, utilization, alterations and disposal of space. SFMS prepares space projections and associated budget costs, ensures that funds are available to pay for acquired space, and is responsible for environmental protection, historical preservation, access to and use of space and facilities by persons with disabilities to support the nationwide EOIR Program.
This is a Competitive Service position; additional positions may be filled from this announcement within 90 days of certificate issuance.
- Occasional Travel
- You may be expected to travel for this position.
In order to qualify for the Space Management Specialist position, you must meet the following minimum qualifications:
GS-11: To be minimally qualified for this position at the GS-11 grade level applicant must meet one of the following:
Specialized Experience: You must have at least 1 year (12 months) of full-time work experience equivalent in complexity to the GS-9 grade level performing the following duties:
- Conducting studies for space planning and management initiatives;
- Ensuring offices remain in compliance with space and facility regulations;
- Planning and providing recommendations for organizational moves. new operating policies, procedures, and expenditures;
- Developing and designing floor plans and layouts to coordinate work operations with space assignments to include all furniture and workstation purchases. modifications and disposal;
- Providing support and managing a variety of administrative programs and functions (e.g., maintenance and repair contracts, key cards, and parking).
Education: You must have completed a PhD or equivalent doctoral degree or 3 full years of progressively higher level education leading to such a degree or LL.M., if related. (APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT TRANSCRIPTS IF USING EDUCATION TO QUALIFY)
Combination: You must possess a combination of graduate level education and specialized experience to qualify me for this position. Only graduate education in excess of two years (i.e. 36 semester hours) may be combined with experience under this standard. (APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT TRANSCRIPTS IF USING EDUCATION TO QUALIFY)
GS-12: To be minimally qualified for this position at the GS-12 grade level applicant must meet one of the following:
Specialized Experience: You must have at least 1 year (12 months) of full-time work experience equivalent in complexity to the GS-11 grade level performing the following duties:
- Conducting special studies to solve specific problems in areas of space utilization, allocation, distribution and modification;
- Conducting space assignment, inspections and space management planning;
- Conducting surveys and inspections of space for conformance with occupancy standards and maintains necessary space allocation records;
- Administering use and coordination associated with the AutoCAD System, including but not limited to setting up training as required, initial set-up of a file database, maintaining system and plotter as required, assuring creation of back-up files on a continuing basis, monitoring usage of system, including establishing work priorities, initiating and implementing new use development by combining AutoCAD with other programs available:
- Managing contractor performance to ensure compliance with established timelines, budget, and construction requirements.
Specialized Experience: You must have at least 1 year (12 months) of full-time work experience equivalent in complexity to the GS-12 grade level performing the following duties:
- Performing the full-range of space and facilities management duties for the assigned geographic areas to include planning, directing, coordinating, and tracking all phases of the budgeting and developing long-range plans for the acquisition, utilization and management of organizational space and facilities;
- Developing space and facilities acquisition plans, management plans, forecasts of space requirements for assigned portion of the total organizational space and facilities program;
- Reviewing design and space layouts, computer cabling and telephone placements with staff/users to ensure adequacy and accuracy;
- Developing necessary construction and/or renovation specifications with the use of an AutoCAD system to allow contractors to construct or renovate the space to meet agency needs; and
- Preparing long-range requirements and program operational forecasts that are included in agency and Departmental space planning and budget submissions.
ARE YOU USING EDUCATION TO QUALIFY? Education must be accredited by an accredited institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications (particularly positions with a positive education requirement). You MUST provide transcripts or other documentation to support your educational claims. Applicants can verify accreditation by clicking here. All education claimed by applicants will be verified by the appointing agency accordingly. (Note: If you are selected for this position based on education, an official transcript will be required, prior to your first day.) You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Special Instructions for Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in accredited U.S. education programs; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, click here.
Translated transcripts are required.
Applicants must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements by the closing date of the announcement.
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE MAY NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE. If your resume does not support your questionnaire answers, we will not allow credit for your response(s).
Education may not be used as a substitute for specialized experience at the GS-12 or GS-13 grade levels.
For more information on the qualifications for this position, click here.
Public Trust - Background Investigation