Supervisory Transportation Program Analyst, GS-2101-14 (Open to All U.S Citizens) AW
The candidate of this position serves as the Supervisory Transportation Program Analyst in the Transit Safety and Oversight (TSO) office, Office of Program Oversight. The candidate of this position is under the general administrative supervision of the Director, Office of Program Oversight.
The candidate oversees and supervises numerous oversight programs and is personally responsible for the management, supervision and execution of numerous oversight programs and high-priority special projects of a complex and highly analytical nature. Areas of focus may include FTA's oversight review program management, contract management, annual grantee risk assessment program, managing FTA’s oversight database system, developing and reporting on internal and external oversight performance metrics, implementing and monitoring quality control protocols, producing extensive complex quantitative and qualitative reports, ensuring FTA and contractor compliance with oversight standard operating procedures, and recommending deployment of technical assistance and training based upon grantee and FTA performance.
The work is typically in an office setting with occasional visits to contractors, transit agencies, metropolitan planning organizations, state and local governments, other Federal agencies, as well as public hearings, town meetings, training sessions, conferences, and project review meetings. The work is primarily sedentary except for occasional periods of movement between office areas in the headquarters building. There are no significant physical demands. At times, travel will be required.
Ideal Candidate Statement: The ideal candidate is a seasoned professional who possess leadership, technical and management skills in order to support FTA’s safety mission, goal and strategic plans.
- Occasional Travel
- Less than 25%
To meet the minimum qualifications for this position, you must meet the specialized experience requirements.
To qualify for the GS-14, you must have at least one year of specialized experience equal or equivalent to the following:
- Experience providing leadership and management to a multidisciplinary team.
- Experience analyzing data and business processes and recommending and implementing efficiency and quality improvements for public transit programs.
- Experience developing and conveying technical information on public transit programs through presentations and briefings to executive leadership and external audiences.
Applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- SELECTIVE SERVICE: Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered for the Selective Service.
- GOVERNMENT TRAVEL CARD: This position involves travel. A government contractor-issued travel card will be issued and must be retained for official business only.
- DEU REQUIREMENTS: Applicants selected under delegated examining procedures may be required to successfully complete a one-year probationary period (unless already completed).
Public Trust - Background Investigation