Supervisory Logistics Management Specialist
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
This is a military technician position with the US Army Reserves. Becoming a Military Technician allows you to experience the best of two worlds by taking advantage of the opportunity to become a Citizen Soldier in the US Army Reserve Military Technician program. This enables you to receive full civil service benefits and military reserve benefits. Military Technicians are a vital link between the US Army Reserves and civil service and are one of the most important keys to combat readiness.
This position is located at: Military Intelligence Readiness Command, Office of the G4, Fort Belvoir, VA.
Description of the Working Environment: Work is performed in an office setting.
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
- Occasional Travel
- The business travel requirement is 5%.
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience.
Experience required: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: experience developing logistical plans or policies to enhance command posture and readiness; overseeing logistics program effectiveness; advising on logistics requirements and issues; and evaluating employee performance or development. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service GS-12.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, abilities) in the following areas:
- Knowledge of logistics program management
- Ability to manage a logistics program
- Skill in effective communication
- Ability to supervise employees
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- One year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- One year supervisory probationary period may be required.
- As a supervisor, you must comply with the Army Civilian Education System (CES) course and timeline requirements. The Supervisory Development Course (SDC) must be completed within one year of placement into a supervisory position and then completed as a refresher course every three years. For information on CES, please visit the following website: http://www.civiliantraining.army.mil/leader/Pages/default.aspx.