Cook (CYS) NA-06
**This closing date of this announcement has been extended to June 23, 2017.**
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is within the local commuting area of Joint Base Myer -Henderson Hall. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) Preference eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
There when you need us! Child, Youth & School Services recognizes the challenges of our Soldiers and their Families. By offering quality programs for children, youth and students, CYSS supports the Army Family Covenant by reducing the conflict between mission readiness and parental responsibility.
Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall (JBM-HH) serves as the base support of operations for the Joint Force Headquarters-National Capitol Region and the U.S. Military District of Washington, Fort McNair, D.C. Fort Myer traces its origins to the Civil War and Fort McNair has been an Army post for more than 200 years. Henderson Hall provides barracks and support for Marines assigned to Headquarters, U.S. Marine Corps as well as certain schools and agencies in the Washington, DC Metropolitan Area.
This position is located at Fort Myer Child, Youth and School Services
This is a Nonappropriated Fund Regular Part-Time (RPT) position that includes NAF Benefits, with 20 guaranteed work hours per administrative week. This position provides cooking for children ages 6 months to 18 years of age. The incumbent may be required to work before and/or after scheduled work hours, special events and weekends, etc.
- Not Required
1. A minimum of 6 months of work experience directly related to the duties described above, that included skill in working with professional kitchen appliances and equipment.
2. Be able to communicate (verbal and written) in English.
3. Ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs. on a routine basis.
Highly Preferred: Possess ServSafe certification or equivalent. (Must provide proof of certification or equivalent at time of application). Applicants who have met all other required qualifications and are considered Highly Preferred may be referred first.
Conditions of Employment:
1. If selected, a completed and signed copy of our job application form (DA Form 3433) is required prior to entrance on duty. (Click here to view form).
2. Satisfactory completion of a minimum of 4 hours initial food sanitation and safety training is required within 30 days of employment and a minimum of 4 hours refresher training annually.
3. Satisfactory completion of pre-employment background checks to include a health assessment.
4. The incumbent may be required to work during inclement weather, to work before and/or after scheduled work hours, special events and occasional weekends.
5. Upon appointment to a NAF position, you will be required to show your Social Security card.