Executive Assistant to the Vice President for Institutional Diversity, Equity and Affirmative Actio
6 days left
- Full Time
Executive Assistant to the Vice President for Institutional Diversity, Equity and Affirmative Action (IDEAA)
The mission of Georgetown's Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity & Affirmative Action (IDEAA) is to promote a deep understanding and appreciation among the diverse members of the University community to result in justice and equality in educational, employment and contracting opportunities, as well as to lead efforts to create an inclusive academic and work environment.
The Executive Assistant provides significant support to the Vice President and represents the VP at various times in various venues; serves as the "face" of the Vice President and provides important linkages among members of the President's cabinet, Executive campus leaders, and faculty, administrative and staff leaders from across the campus working in concert with IDEAA on a variety of significant university-wide matters. Reporting to the IDEAA Vice President, the Executive Assistant has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Provides administrative support to the VP to include screening calls, scheduling meetings, interviews and conferences, maintaining VP's calendar, opening mail, and assisting the Director with travel arrangements for the Vice President and staff.
- Prioritizes and manages the work and busy schedule of the VP. In addition, the incumbent will manage VP's email which often requires time sensitive responses, prioritize and respond to those for which he has the answers.
- Makes decisions, manages priorities, and schedules appointments that are well aligned with the VP's requirements and priorities.
- Greets guests and visitors for the office, and maintains files for IDEAA staff and personal and confidential files for the Vice President.
- Screens calls; schedules meetings, interviews and conferences for staff; responds to email and phone calls ideally by the Close of Business.
- Serves as backup to the Vice President for all daily (including weekends) University Public Safety Announcements.
- Serves as LGBTQ Committee Activities Coordinator for all new discrimination/harassment complaints via walk-ins, internet, or phone - at all times maintaining strictest confidentiality and sensitivity.
- Ensures all departmental reports, submissions, and findings are sent to the applicable persons/offices in a timely, efficient, and error-free manner.
- Serves as the “face of the department” - presenting the VP and IDEAA staff in a professional, positive, and collegial manner at all times and at the highest level customer service.
- Provides support to the Vice President as an Executive Cabinet member of the National Association of Diversity Officers in Higher Education (NADOHE).
- Coordinates and manages all office functions - including the departmental calendar.
- Serves as coordinator and liaison for Facilities, UIS, and other University departments, ensuring the office needs are met.
- Collaborates with IDEAA staff to discern departmental needs - for example, ensuring that equipment is kept in good working order and that supplies are maintained at an adequate level., and coordinating office moves and telecommunication requests.
- Coordinates with other offices regarding scheduling large meetings/events for the VP and IDEAA staff.
- Conducts special research projects and assignments - for example, maintaining current listservs.
- Maintains current roster of best practices related to diversity in higher education
- Assists in the preparation of PowerPoint presentations and all other electronic needs.
- Completes Time and Attendance Sheets for hourly paid employees and the Salaried Leave Status Report for Salaried employees.
- Manages staff members' calendars and assists with special projects and research as assigned by IDEAA staff.
- Supervises student and temporary employees, including schedules and timekeeping.
- Manages departmental emails, and sorts and distributes mail to the appropriate staff member.
- Establishes and manages a network of interested Executive Assistants who work for Georgetown University Vice Presidents to collaborate more effectively on joint projects for our respective VPs and Executive VPs, and to exchange ideas about career development and other related matters to strengthen our respective roles.
- Assists IDEAA Director with preparation of office budget and monthly reconciliations and processes various financial transactions, such as Expense Vouchers.
- Handles project management for VP.
- Works on special projects for Vice President - for example, developing content for comprehensive university-wide diversity reports.
- Assists ensuring the implementation of the myriad components of the University's strategic diversity plan.
- Identifies, maintains contact, and serves as major point of contact for student associations involved in diversity related activities.
- Assists in the development of the Vice President's speeches.
- Coordinates the logistics for monthly, yearly and bi-annual office related activities and programs.
- Tracks individual and institutional membership status of NADOHE's constituents.
- Coordinates biannual NADOHE Board meetings, including the preparation of Board books for all board members.
- Bachelor's degree
- 3 to 5 years of related experience - preferably in Human Resources, Diversity & Equity, in particular supporting the requirements of an executive in a high demand environment
- Ability to understand and anticipate the requirements of the supported executive
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organization, and human relations skills
- Ability to analyze and prioritize information and tasks
- Strong skills in event planning and coordination, with attention to detail, and commitment to follow through
- Proficiency MS Office Suite applications toward the preparation of speeches, reports, presentations, and internet search - preference for website maintenance experience
- Welcoming and positive demeanor, a strong customer service orientation, and a commitment to confidentiality and sensitivity in all interactions
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.